Chapter Fifteen

You and Shrek scattered around the room trying to find your clothes, "Oh my god, Y/N, I'm so sorry I didn't know, I-I don't even remember-" He said putting on his clothes, embarrassed.

"No, it's okay. I don't remember either." You laughed awkwardly, trying to clear the air. The door swung open behind you, turning around with a mortified written all over your face.

"Have you seen the muffin man?!?!" A clearly drunk man said.

"The muffin man?" Shrek replied

"Yes! The muffin man!!"

"No..." You said, pushing the man out of the room.

You shut the door, pressing your back against it, sighing. Shrek laughed to himself while he gathered the rest of his belongings. You and Shrek left the room, admiring the mess that was made all over the house. You made it to your car, last night coming back to you. The pain in your head got worse as the pain down under got worse too.

You sat down and winced at all the pain. Shrek looked at you worriedly, "Are you okay??"

"Yeah, yeah. I just have a terrible headache and um...yeah."

Shrek noticed you uncomfortably sitting on the seat and trying your best not to move. He said a quiet "oh" to himself before driving away. He stopped at your house and you silently gathered your stuff and left the car,
whispering a "Thank you" somewhere. As you were about to shut the door Shrek stopped you, "I'm sorry." You nodded and shut the door behind you.

You entered your house and almost cried at how awkward everything had gotten. You wanted to bring him to that party to make things less awkward, but that failed. You rummaged through your cabinets trying to find all your pain medication, once you found some that works you swallowed down the pill. You began to relax and lay down on the couch, trying to sleep. Then the worst thoughts came to mind making you even more restless.

"Oh my god...did we use a...oh my god, Y/N!"
You didn't remember if you saw any condoms or not. "Okay, it's okay. If he didn't, he probably did it somewhere else...yeah?" But you didn't remember any substances being found. You started to silently freak out but soon calmed down as your period would come in a couple of days.

You breathed in and out, hoping your day couldn't get worse until your phone rang, all the way in the other room. You got up slowly, your legs literally killing you. You got to your phone just in time to see who called you.

[Mother]

You looked at your phone again, it couldn't be. You answered it, hesitantly.

"Y/N?!"

"Mom..?" You croaked out.

"Oh, sweetie. I'm so happy to hear your voice!" Your moms voice on the other end began to crack, signaling she was crying.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, yes. Me and your father came to the agreement that you should come back home. We started a business and you could come work! We have already bought your ticket to fly here!"

"Wait...fly all the way back to New York??"

"Yes! Oh I can't wait to see you again!! The plane is in two weeks!"

You would be leaving everything behind. Basically everything was Shrek. You didn't want to leave him, you didn't want to admit it but you fell in love.

"Oh I have to go! Bye sweetheart!" Your mom hung up the phone, leaving you still in shock. Shrek called almost as soon as your mom hung up.

"Hi, Y/N."

"Hi, Shrek."

"I just wanted to talk to you about last night. I'm sorry, again. But I know I don't remember and you sure as heck don't either, so let's just push that aside and forget it happened, yeah? Oh, I uh found a condom in the trash next to the bed...so um yeah."

You sighed in relief but was happy to find out he didn't want things to be awkward too.

"I agree completely, thank you, Shrek."

"I have to leave now, Donkey is creating a mess but I'll see you soon, goodbye, Y/N."

"Bye, I love you too, Shrek." You hung up, your smile nearly breaking your face.