Chapter Seventeen

"Now that's just great!! I should've gotten my camera!!" Donkey yelled as soon as you replied to Shrek.

You blushed as Shrek held your hands in his, still staring at you. You giggled and looked away. He smiled fondly at you and got up from the table. Donkey played some slow songs that echoed through the swamp and the forest around it.

"May I have this dance?" Shrek asked, holding out his hand.

"You may." You said and laid your hand gently in his as he put his other arm around your waist.

After a couple moments of being stupid and such, you finally slipped and fell into mud. Shrek laughed at you but soon joined you in the mud as you were trying your best to get it off in disgust. Donkey walked outside with a towel and change of clothes. You took the towel and went into a private place to put on the big t-shirt and grey sweatpants. You walked back and Shrek had a bottle of vodka in one hand and shot glasses in the other. His eyebrow raised and walked forward, laughing, taking one of the glasses. He poured the vodka in both glasses and clinked the two together. You laughed and quickly shot down the string liquid. Shrek let out a loud roar XD as he drank his too.

Hours passed and you had continued drinking while Shrek only stopped at one. You stumbled over to Donkey and fell onto his side, "Hi Donkey!" You sang out. You quickly got up and ran to Shrek, jumping on him.

"Y/N, I think it's time you go to bed." Shrek laughed. He carried you to a spare bedroom and laid you in the bed. You pushed the covers off and ran away, laughing at your childishness. Shrek caught you and put you back in bed, you kept defying and Shrek said, "Stop it or I'm going to kill ya!" He laughed.

"Kill me Shrek Daddy!" You laughed louder at yourself. Shrek looked at you, shock in his eyes and bit scared. "Lol I was just kidding!"

"Did you just say lol-"

"Goodnight!" You turned over and got under the covers as Shrek left the room slowly.

You woke up, your head starting to hurt a bit. Your vision cleared and you looked at the time, 4:23 Aw darn I missed 4:20 you thought. You checked your messages and saw one from your mom.

[3:46] Mother: Can't wait to see you!! 12 more days!!!

You groaned and rolled back over and stuffed your face into the unfamiliar pillow. You looked back up and realized you were at Shrek's house. You slowly tip toed to his room and tapped on his shoulder gently. You stood there for a moment and finally jumped on top of him, "Shrek wake up!!!" You yelled.

His large arm came around you and pulled you next to him. You laid frozen next to his chest as he buried his face in your hair. His breathing became leveled again as you relaxed in his arms. You soon found yourself drifting off to sleep.

You woke up to Shrek's snores loud in your ear and a distant song playing in the living room. You crawled out of Shrek's arms and walked to the living room and saw Donkey dancing to "Too Cool" from Camp Rock. You've never seen a Donkey have such sass or great hips until now. Shrek walked next to you, rubbing his eyes, admiring Donkey. You both busted out laughing as Donkey embarrassingly turned around.

"No! Stop! Go away! You saw nothing!!!" He yelled.

You and Shrek laughed louder and walked into the kitchen and ate breakfast that, for once, was not waffles. Shrek hugged you and got all your stuff together and helped you to his car m.

"As much as I'd love for you to stay forever, I've got to let you go home."

You whined as he drove you away, he pulled into your driveway and gave you a small peck on the cheek.

"Shrek?"

"Yes, Y/N?"

"I have something to tell you..."