A New Beginning.

10:03 p.m in Miami, Jay's POV

"I'll take another Mojito." I told the bartender as I took a deep breath of the warm tropical air.

This was a great opportunity for a fresh start... My life has been taking a tumble lately.

I looked around the lounge and I admired the scenery. There were pretty lights everywhere, people dancing, laughter, water in the distance, palm trees posted up on the streets, and there was happiness all over the place. It seemed as if everybody was having a good time tonight.

You hear stories about Miami being a party city for rich people. Stories are told about yacht chronicles and sports car racing. Movies are even shot here all the time.

But, who would've thought that a girl from the Southside of Chicago would be moving here. It was a shocker to me too. When you get a great job opportunity, you take it because it could open up so many doors for you. You never know what great things would come out of it.

As I turned back around in my seat to face the bar. A smile grew on my lips. Maybe life in Miami probably won't be too bad after all.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" I heard a husky voice ask as I shook my head no. The bartender slid me my drink, and I took small sips. I don't drink like that, but why not have a little fun?

I felt the presence of someone sit down next to me. As I inhaled their scent into my nostrils, I smelled a familiar fragrance. One of my old friends used to wear the same cologne no matter where we went. As I started to think about him, I started to get saddened all over again.

"I see everybody is having fun. Why are you here by yourself?" I heard a very familiar voice ask as I furrowed my eyebrows.

I slowly turned my eyes down and to the left to look at his hand. This man smelled like him, and he talked like him. If he has the same tattoo as him...Then, it's definitely time to go.

As I looked down at his hand, I noticed the same skull tattoo on his honey-like skin.... I closed my eyes and I took a deep breath.

My heart started racing and my stomach started feeling tingly all over again. This can't be happening.

I grabbed my drink and I chugged it down. Afterwards, I grabbed my phone and my purse and I got out of my seat to leave as soon as possible.

"Wait!" I heard him semi-yell as I didn't turn back. I maneuvered through the crowd of people, and I finally made it outside.

As I walked faster towards my car, I felt a hand pull at my wrist. I yanked it away and I regretted the moment I turned around.

"Jay?" He asked with a surprised, yet condemned look on his face. He knows what he did.

"Leave me alone Chris." I said walking away from him.

"What are you doing out here in Miami?"

"None of your business! Now go away." I said as I kept walking.

"No, please don't leave me." He said as I scoffed and I turned around to meet his orbs.

"Don't leave you? Wow, that sounds so familiar. I want nothing to do with you Chris." I said as he grabbed my arm, but I still struggled to get out of his grip.