Tired Yet?

3 Weeks Later in Chris' POV

"Sir, I'm sorry, but we have to let her go." Chief Hardwick said as Jay was basically on the verge of tears. She's been very emotional lately, but right now I can understand it.

"No, I won't let my wife go. Dr. Brown said that I can stay." Mr. Burk said as I scratched the back of my head.

His wife has been in a coma for two weeks, and she signed a paper saying to pull the plug if she's in a coma for longer than this amount of time. She said that she didn't wanna suffer and live life on a ventilator. Legally, we have to obey the patient's orders and pull the plug. I would hate to do it, but if something were to go wrong, the hospital would be in financial trouble.

"Sir, I know this is gonna be hard for you, but we have to obey your wife's wishes. I'm so sorry Mr.—" I said as he was about to cut me off.

"No! She's my wife! I have the last say so! You can't do this! Please!" He yelled out as Jay covered her mouth, so she wouldn't sob aloud. Tears were flowing down her face because she couldn't take it.

She's been ripping and running a lot lately. Doing extra hours and all. I know she's worn out, and she's stressed.

"Dr. Manali, can you please unhook the ventilator on Mrs. Burk." Chief Hardwick said as Mr. Burk, Jay, and I looked at him like he was crazy.

"This is my wife! You cannot do this!" He kept repeating as Jay silently sobbed to herself.

"You don't have to do this... I'll do it." I said as Jay stopped walking and Chief Hardwick shook his head no.

"Dr. Manali... I need you to follow my orders... now please." He said as Jay mouthed "I'm sorry" to Mr. Burk. She didn't wanna do it, and I didn't want to either, but I would've done it for her.

He looked like he was defeated, and he sat in his chair as he watched Jay unplug his wife. It was devastating to watch. This is gonna be a depressing day.

2 Hours Later in Dave's POV

"She's been running around like crazy lately. She needs to go home and get some rest." I said sitting down at the nurse's station while talking to August.

My leg has gotten better, but I'm still limping some. Jay did an exceptional job on my surgery honestly. I owe it to her. She's not pissed off at me anymore. I mean she kinda is, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. She said she needed some time to think and be alone, so of course we're not together.

But, she does check on me here and there. We talk regularly. Chris and I have even buried what happened. I mean, we niggas. We don't hold grudges forever like women do. Yeah we were both pissed off at each other because of Jay, but we squashed it. She's giving both of us the same amount of bonding time, and there isn't any hard flirting going on.

She asked for some time, so that's what I'll give her. It hurts me though because I still love her so much man. When I finally got her to be mine, I was scared of every little thing cause I thought I would screw up with our relationship. That's exactly what I did. It was almost like I shredded a beautiful flower.

Jay is so special to me... I can go on and on about it. Like I want that girl to have my babies no lie. But, of course I'm a screw up. I honestly wanna be comfortable again.

"I know mane, she been hea' since like 3 this morning. It's 11:47 p.m and she still doin' rounds." August said shaking his head.

"I wonder wassup wit' allat." I said pulling at my beard hair.

"Does she need more money?" August asked as I looked at him and shaking my head.

"Nigga why would she need more money? She's making six figures plus. That's just stupid." I said as we both chuckled.