Locked Out

A couple days had passed, but Jimin did not forget about the incident. Especially Jiyong's behavior after their public argument made him worry. Sure, this was not the first time something like this happened, but this time Jiyong was different. Usually he would be mad at Jimin or at least a little reserved for the next few days. This time he was right back to his old self, maybe even being a little nicer than usual. Jimin obviously did not mind him being extra nice, it just made him uncomfortable in a way. Jiyong was acting suspicious. Since college was taking up much of Jimin's time recently, he pushed the thoughts making him worry about Jiyong back and focused on his school work.

He was currently situated in the library, his head almost not visible behind the mountain of books he had collected to write his paper with. Who cares, he thought to himself. Who really cares about the development of different dance styles through the ages? Probably no one other than my teacher, he concluded. The paper was not due for another couple days, but Jimin felt motivated this morning and decided to go get a head start. The motivation from this morning had faded and Jimin was nothing but annoyed at this point. He did not know how to start the paper, what to write about and which information from the books were actually important. It was infuriating. Not only did the paper annoy him, he was also by himself. Working by oneself might be more productive, but a little bit of chit chat while taking breaks from writing alway lifted the mood. Also, there was nobody he could complain about his paper to. Taehyung was busy with yet another filming for his upcoming TV debut and Jungkook decided to stay in bed for the day instead of being productive. So here he was, stranded in the library by himself, getting more and more irritated by the minute.

Just as he was about to light the whole place on fire, his phone vibrated. Relieved from the distraction he picked it up. His eyes widened at the notification and he went ahead and unlocked it.

11:14am Yoongi: So how about that coffee ;)?

There was nothing wrong with it, right, Jimin asked himself. Yoongi and him were just friends, nothing more. A little bit of a distraction from the library seemed incredibly inviting at this point. The only thing holding Jimin back was the winking emoji. What was Yoongi trying to say? Did it mean anything? Jimin caught himself starting to overthink every little detail of the short message. You're going crazy, he lectured himself. Yoongi just wanted to hang out. Two years had passed, he was certain that Yoongi had moved on. Also, Jimin could use some new friends. Essentially, he did not have any other than Taehyung, Jungkook and one kid he knew from his dance classes he took as a part of his major. Also he liked coffee. I would be stupid to not go, he convinced himself, as he got up and reorganized the books, wanting to come back later to resume his paper.

He followed the directions his phone was giving him and crossed a street as he lifted his head, looking for his final destination. It only took him seconds to spot the silver hair in the little crowd in front of the cafe. Yoongi did not exaggerate, the place looked lovely. The cafe was not located directly on the campus grounds, it was situated in one of the side streets right next to the engineering faculty. It seemed to be a lot older than the surrounding buildings, covered in greenery and a little rough on the edges. The age of the place made it feel even more cozy and not uninviting at all. Yoongi had a big smile on his face as Jimin approached him. „It's nice to see you. Isn't the weather gorgeous?" Jimin chuckled, taken aback by the unexpected small talk. „I am not sure if I recognize you. Small talk? Really? But you have a valid point, the weather is –gorgeous–", Jimin responded with a mocking voice. „Just shut up", Yoongi shot back with a playfully sassy attitude. „What do you think? Is it as cute as I promised?" Jimin dedicated the coffee shop another judging look. „You absolutely delivered. It is very cute." Yoongi looked at his feet in response, an accomplished smile on his face. „Also Yoongi, I figured out why we have never met on campus. The complete name of your major is „Audio Production and Engineering" and mine is simply „Dance". You're part of the engineering faculty while I am at the art department", Jimin explained. „Oh", Yoongi exclaimed with a baffled expression. „I never thought about that. I am guessing the two building are far apart on campus?" Jimin nodded, „Yeah they are", he added. A short silence fell upon them. Yoongi seemed like he had realized something important, but could not quite grasp what is was. Jimin just stared into the distance, trying to focus on something he himself did not know of. It seemed like they stood there for ages until Jimin finally regained his consciousness. „Well, Yoongi. I sure didn't come all this way to just check out the brick wall of the cafe. Let's go in and try the matcha latte", he said, while making his way towards the door. „Oh, yes", Yoongi replied, still somewhat lost in thought.