Prologue

"Clouds break at sunset and I sit alone
And dream of a girl dressed in crimson and gold
I see the reflection and call out the name
and just as the light fades away."

Everything's 'Supernatural' blasted through my navy blue '67 Impala. I tapped my finger on the black leathered steering wheel to the beat of the drums. My office pulled into view as I parked. Oh, joy I have to actually work.

I slammed the creeky door to the Impala. Locking the door, I strutted towards the office doors. I was wearing my usual attire. Black slacks, a dark purple blouse, and a black blazer. Since I never wore heels, I wore black flats. Yes, I hated the job, but it was what I had. I didn't have some sob story about how I got here. I grew up like a normal human being.

"Morning, Ms. Melane." The receptionist greeted.

"Morning, Glenda."

Walking past the desk, I saw my office door was ajar. I stopped in my tracks, and looked behind me. Glenda was happily typing on her computer, and a few other of my coworkers were arriving. I looked back at my door, and nothing seemed to be different. The plaque that read: Jenny Melane was in perfect condition. It was a cover name so I didn't get tracked from FEDS. Real name is Kylee Popp. But, of course I was being paranoid.. What? I have my suspicions.

I slowly pushed open my mahogany office door.

"Uh... What are you doing?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

Two well built men, who I assumed were brothers, turned around. They looked so... Suspicious. Like they were caught red handed.

"Hello, Ms. Melane. Uh, we are here to talk to you about something." One of the two spoke.

I realized this man was about four inches shorter than the other one.. He had short gelled hair, hazel eyes, weirdly shaped eyebrows, and a well built body. I made the 'not bad' face while checking him out.

I heard him snicker. I glared.

"Who exactly are you? You don't seem to be reporters... In whatever you're wearing." I chuckled.

Their clothing was something you'd see just a passerby wearing. The taller one, with swoopy brown hair, and brown eyes, was wearing a nicer button up and dark jeans.

"We are federal police. We wanted to talk to you about what's been happening recently around the neighborhood." The shorter one spoke.

"Uh... If it's relevant, lemme see your badges." I raised my eyebrows. They both pulled out badges. I glanced at them, and sat at my desk, "So, uh... Dean... And Sam.. What is it that I can help you with?"

"Have you heard about the recent murders taking place around here?" Sam folded his hands, and leaned on my desk.

"It's Boston... Which murders are you talking about?" I leaned forward on my elbows.

Both Sam and Dean looked at each other, "Well," Sam began, "The ones where the victims are... Uh-"

"Mutilated and missing hearts." Dean said quickly, folding his hands. His knuckles turned white.

My eyes widened, "Yeah... My neighbor actually. He was one of the victims. The meds said he was missing his heart and liver."

The brothers looked at each other again, raising their eyebrows. There was a long awkward pause, making me shift uncomfortably. Both of them looked back at me, causing me to shift again.

"Do you know anything else?" Dean spoke.

Just that you're working my own job... I thought. Why do these Winchester boys always get into my job?!

I shook my head anyway, "Nope. Sorry, boys."

Both of them shook my hand, "Thanks, ma'am." Sam spoke.

As soon as they left, I relaxed again. For all I care, they could find out. The only thing I'm worried about is them trying to murder me... They could think I'm like a demon or... Something.

___________

DEAN POV

"Sam, there has to be something different about her. When we told her about the missing hearts, she got tense!" I started to freak out.

"Dean, she's human. Ya' know. The snooping we did? She's got pictures of family and friends. She seems normal." Sam sat in the passenger seat of my impala.

I looked around, checking for other people. I saw a dark blue impala. Same exact thing as mine, "Sammy. Look."

Sam saw the other impala, "Do you think that's-?"

I probably looked like I had no friggin' clue, "Probably."

"Seems pretty normal, Dean. She has got to be human." Sam tried to reason again.

I pulled the keys from the ignition, and looked at me, "You remember Maddison, right? She was a werewolf without even knowing it! Remember? Or she could be a trickster. Ya' know, trying to mess with our heads."

Sam turned to me, "Yes, I remember. But, Dean, before we do anything drastic, shouldn't we at least make sure?"

"Fine," I was fighting himself internally, "But, if she's one, we don't hesitate. Got it Sam?"

"Okay. Can we just- do something?"

"Yes. Food. I'm in the mood for pie." I let my thoughts of lovely pie enter my mind.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N:

Dedicated to: @SupernaturalHunter10

She requested this! Actually, I just had the idea XD and
kinda put her in the middle of it.

~Mae