Chapter 14

Speeding through the 'Boston City Limits', I began to get antsy. Sam was behind me in the impala. I'm finally home, and the few days it took to get here- we had no problems. I almost got pulled over by a cop, but he had 'other calls to take care of.'

Pulling up to my old apartment, I sighed heavily. I was happy though. I was home. It was one of my favorite feelings ever. Getting home after a long hunt and being able to relax.

Yes, it was a studio apartment, but it'll do for now. I grabbed my necessities from my car. I'll be able to get the books later. Maybe.

I jumped a little as Sam set his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

"Uh-" I sighed, "No. But, let's go ."

I pulled the keys from my duffel, and found my correct key. I jiggled it in the lock, and finally stepped inside my home. Everything was normal. The multiple traps still in place, and salt likes. Sam looked surprised at how paranoid I was.

"Shaddup." I mumbled, setting my stuff on the counter.

"Hey," he chuckled, "I didn't say anything."

Instead of leaving my stuff on the floor, I threw the dirty laundry in the basket, and opened the closet, hung up clothing covered the weaponry I had stored. I pushed them all aside, and stocked my weapons where they went.

When everything was in place, I plopped on my couch. There really wasn't much to do now ... Aside from hide ... And be as normal as possible. Change a little. Dye my hair, have 'Jenny' disappear, and get another well paying job. I've done it before. Multiple times actually.

"What's the plan from here on out?" Sam moved my legs to his lap as he sat.

"Create a new persona, and change... Hide out for a while. You don't have to... But I do." I explained.

"Why, exactly, would you do that?"

"Did you know I existed before I told you who I was?"

"No."

"That's why."

We sat in silence for a few minutes. I was thinking over my plan. Stay in the low for awhile. Keep myself off the radar from other hunters and Crowley. Did that seem right, though? I mean, Sam needed me... I think.

Cases. That's what I should start worrying about. Cases. Without warning, I got up from my couch, and grabbed my own laptop. I opened it, and Google searched strange happenings/ deaths. About four thousand news sites popped up. Wonderful. I added to the search: in the US. 2 thousand popped up. I clicked on the first one. One on Tennessee popped up.

"Male bodies found on the side of Wonder Lake! Sounds like another case, Sammy!" I smirked. I said I was going to lay low, and this is how I 'lay low.'

"Seriously! Another case? I thought-"

I interrupted him, "Yes, I'm laying low, but I get bored. But, before I do anything, I'm going to dye my hair. I'll be back. Keep looking through the site."

I got up, and handed him the laptop. He looked surprised I was actually looking forward to this.

_*_*_*_**__**_*_*_*_*

I entered the apartment, the box of auburn hair dye in my hand. It was a simple task. It took literally three minutes. Now, all that's left is to dye the curly mess I call hair.

"Really? I thought you were joking about the hair dye." Sam laughed as I locked my door.

"Nope."

___________

Another hour, and my hair was back to a curly auburn mess.

I sat next to Sam on the couch. He was getting more information on the case. He seemed so... Intrigued.

"Anything new?" I asked, leaning over his shoulder.

"Another murder."

"Same death?"

Sam nodded. I got up, and went to my closet. I just remembered something.

"Sammy! I need you to take a photo of me really quick."

Still wearing sweats, I put on a button up, and a blazer. All of my FBI badges had my old persona. I stood in front of my blank white wall, and turned up the lights. Sam chuckled, and snapped the pic. I quickly changed out of my uncomfortable clothing, and got ready for making the badges.

It only took a few minutes, but it wasn't simple. I had to upload the photos to my computer, resize them, and place them on a badge. But, I guess I could pull it off.

I made multiple FBI badges with fake last names. Now, nobody could track my names. And, from now on, Garth was our supervisor from DC. Told ya' he is useful.

"Ready Sammy?" I shoved the badges into slips. With actual badges.

I got up, and packed clean clothing. It all consisted of jeans, graphic tees, shorts, and sweatpants. In another duffel, I packed all of my weapons. I'd rather stay on the road..

"We're doing our case, and we're relaxing for a while." Sam said, grabbing my arm.

I stopped packing, "Fine."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

We arrived into Storybrooke, Tennessee. It'd been a few days, but we did it. The heat of the middle of summertime didn't help. Lots of sun exploded over my tank topped back. Sam and I grabbed our stuff from my car, and headed into FairyTale Motel. Of course, the name of the town, and the name of the motel, didn't help my uneasiness. It seemed... Sketchy.

I felt the sword around my neck. It was still about the size of a toothpick, but heavy steel. The chain hung low into my shirt. Nobody saw it. Which, by supernatural means, was good. I wonder what would happen if I just...

My phone began to ring. I answered it.

"Hello?"

"It's Castiel. Where are you?"

"Uh- Storybrooke, Tennessee. Why?"

The dial tone rang through my ear. Then, the sound of flapping wings alerted me. I turned to see Castiel standing by my car. He had this confused look on his face, then it turned kind of blank. Like, the blank where you have no clue what he's thinking about... Or if he's all there.

"We need to talk." He mumbled.

"Okay. Then talk." I crossed my arms.

"Inside ."

I slammed Dean's impala's trunk, and walked to the motel room. Sam was hooking up his laptop stuff, and paying zero attention. Waves of anxiety, sadness, and fear flowed over me. That's weird... That hasn't happened since-

"You last saw Garth," Castiel read my mind, "you're-in a sense- locking your powers in a box, and putting them in storage ."

"Getting good with the figurative language, I see," I joked.

"This is no time to joke, Kylee. Since you've gotten that sword, everything is resurfacing. You must use your powers to the fullest. Otherwise, something will happen to you. I'm sorry." Castiel disappeared.

Wonderful. Now I'm feeling everyone else's emotions. Awesome. Why me? That's all I ask. Nonexistent God, why is this happening to me?

~*|*~*~*|**~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: the closing of another chapter! I hope you're liking this so far! I try really hard...

Sam: WHY ISN'T KYLEE TELLING ME ANYTHING?!

Me: *falls on basement floor* How'd you-

Sam: your door is unlocked.

Me: Touché.

Sam: I am sooo flipping out on her!

Me: not if I write it! Hah! I have the... Typing advantage. *sticks tongue out**

Sam: who says Charlie is gone?

Me: you play a hard game, Sammy Winchester.

~Mae