Ch. 3 ~ Home...Sick

The next morning Counselor Gwen picked David up from the hospital. When they arrived David immediately tried to restore to his old self. He looked around to see the campers doing their usual shenanigans.
          David went back to his cabin. Whispers spread through the camp about what happened to him. Everyone was scared that were was a a crazy murderer on the loose.
          He sat on his bead and looked at his bulletin board with pictures taken from Camp events. He went to fix up his messy bed. When he pulled the blankets off to restart he found a paper. It was the same one on the window. He knew he put it in his pocket after he left. "How did it end up back here?" He wondered.
          He threw it in the trash and finished remaking his bed. He wondered if he should go back out there. After what happened last time... He couldn't guarantee his own safety.
          "Hey David!" Max yelled through the door.
          "Yes... Max..?" David opened the door. He looked down and saw max holding his teddy bear.
          "Don't.." he sighed ",you know.. take this in a weird way.. but... take this" He lifts his teddy bear and gestures for David to take it. "I found you out there..." David picked up the teddy bear and smiled.
          "Thanks, Max." David squatted down next to Max and hugged him.
          "What are you doing?" Max rolled his eyes.
          "Has everything been okay?"
          "No... I want to go home."
          "I'm sorry you feel so homesick, Max... everything will be okay just stay positive and everything will be fine until summer is over."
          "David. Stop..." Max backed up.
          "Did I do something wrong?" David frowned and watched max as his expression changed to sadness.
          "You act like you're my dad or something..." Max folded his arms.
          "I'm sorry... I just..." David trailed off. He noticed max thinking.
          "Maybe that isn't too bad.........fucker." Max laughed and ran back to his tent.
          "I agree maybe if something happens I can legally ad--- MAX, LANGUAGE!"
          "Sorry DAAAAD!" Max teased and laughed more as he entered his tent.
          David sat on his bed and waited for night. That was when he would leave to figure out what happened. The only thing he remembers poorly... the blurriest part... He thought Daniel had kissed him. Then it went dark. "He probably positioned me or something and that was just a hallucination."
          The sun set and David began his journey back out into the forest.