Extra ~ by max (19)

I sat at school and stared at the clock. Two hours to go. I wanted to go home. David promised when he picked me up that he would take me to see a movie I've wanted to see.
Daniel was a teacher now. He teaches ninth grade english which I find pretty weird.
"I wonder if he teaches kids about ascension." I whispered to myself. I checked the time again. Just a few minutes closer.
David stayed at home and tried to think of what to do. Daniel proposed to David last week. So now he was trying to find the best way to support us as a family.
Daniel had to break the news to me that my old parents died in their sleep. I could care less to be honest. David couldn't bring himself to tell me. Seeing me sad is too hard for him.
I wasn't really upset though.
David said they didn't take care of themselves. The signs showed they haven't been for years. He also said he hopes I never have to become like them.
3...2...1...FINALLY! It was the end of the school day. I put my pencils and notebooks in my bag. I grabbed it and ran out the door. I ran outside to where the kids get picked up. There he was. He drove in early so he could pick him up straight away.
I jumped in the car and contained my excited squeal. I hadn't been this excited for something in a long time.
"So, Max, what's that cute little movie you wanted to see again?" David asked as we started to drive away from the school.
"The killer clown "It" movie for 2017!!!" I replied with pure excitement in my voice. For some reason, David looked a bit thrown off.
"Oh."