Ch. 15 ~ Don't do this!

Daniel got nervous. Why was fresh blood on a knife... by a lake? He looked around for other things. He heard someone whimper.
          "David?" Daniel jumped up. He looked under the dock. There he was. He was holding on to some wood on the roof of the dock. Daniel frowned. David's gaze was filled with fear and sadness. His wrists were slit and he was on the verge of tears. He was about to go under right when Daniel arrived.
          Daniel choked on his words. His throat hurt. He can't believe he was almost about to lose David.
          "David..." Daniel said, his voice was shaking. "Please.. come up here..." He felt his eyes watering. "Max is fine..!"
          David was shocked to hear Max's name spoken again. David looked away, shaking.
          "David, it's getting cold, come inside!" Daniel was getting worried. He couldn't let David hurt himself. He reached his hand down. "C'mon! Don't do this.." Daniel got in the water. He went under the dock next to David. He didn't care if he was crying anymore. He had to protect David.
          David nodded his head, no. Daniel refused to let David hurt himself. He grabbed David by force and carried him to the top of the dock.
          David coughed. Daniel was shaking. He couldn't breathe correctly. Why would David to that?!
          He couldn't decide if he wanted to slap David or hug him. He helped David sit up straight.
          "It's okay David..." Daniel whispered softly into David's ear. He held David's hand and sighed. "I know you're shaken up.. it was scary.. I know." He thought about what else to say. "Max... he tried to.."
          David finally seemed to be completely listening. He was clearly still worried about Max.
          "Tried what..?" David said as clearly as he could.
          "M- Maybe you don't need to know..." Daniel looked away. He tightened his grip on David's hand by accident. David looked even more concerned. He looked a little angry as well.
          "Tell me..." David was still breathing shakily and glancing at his arms.
          "He tried to kill himself." Daniel paused. "He didn't mean to be hit, I think. But... he was holding a... a weapon." Daniel rubbed David's hand.
          "What kind of weapon?"
          "..Gun..." Daniel saw the look on David's face go from sad to horrified. Daniel felt his heart skip a beat the moment he saw it. "We think he tried to..," Daniel began to choke on his words again. "To shoot himself in the road... but got hit before he could.."
          David did that thing where he hugs himself. Daniel felt his heart sink more. He didn't have to be alone!
          Daniel hugged David. He held him tight and wouldn't let go.
           He felt David's arms weakly wrap around him as well. He felt better. He just hoped David felt the same. David smiled again. Daniel seemed to make him happy.
          Daniel realised that David passed out. He picked him up and carried him to his cabin. David seemed at peace. Daniel placed David on his bed and bandaged his wrists.
          He got back in his car. He hesitated to go anywhere. He got out and walked back into the cabin. David was awake again. He tried to get out of the bed so Daniel helped him.
          Daniel walked him to his car. He helped him in and smiled weakly.
          "C'mon David.. let's go see max."