Ch. 14 ~ Just fine

Daniel was sitting outside a hospital room anxiously. He didn't have time to make sure David was okay. He had to rush Max to the hospital. The doctor said he wasn't injured too badly. If he had time to do something else they assume he was planning, he would be dead.
          The doctor told Daniel that max was awake for a few minutes. Max asked why he couldn't have died. He wanted to.
          Daniel couldn't stop thinking about them. "Where was David now? Was he okay? Was he still unconscious? Is max suicidal? Does he need counselling ? Will his parents sue us? If they find out... Does David think max is dead? Oh my god... what if he does something.. BAD.."
          He checked with the doctor one more time before leaving. He drove straight back to the camp.
          The moment he stepped out, David was nowhere to be seen.
          Daniel looked in David's cabin. Nothing. He went to the old spot where he..... FORGET IT.. he whiped the memory away for the moment.
          He looked all over. He walked to the dock. Nothing. He gave up. He sat down and sighed.
          "His car is still here... where could he have go--" He noticed a blood covered knife next to him. If he knew anything, it was fresh.