Ch. 12 ~ No...!

Daniel woke up and David was gone. He looked around and all he could see was David's empty cabin.

~~~~

          David was out hiking on a trail by the mountain. He needed to think about what he wanted. He remembered that this was the last day of Camp Campbell. All of the campers would go home and enjoy a week of summer until school starts.
          It was already technically time to get a bit chilly where Camp Campbell was located. He was sad to think that the campers were leaving. He was just glad Max could go home to a happy family... right?
          David wondered what Max's parents were like. He was worried about Max too. He wondered if his parents hurt him.
          David finished his small hike and checked on Nikki. She was fine after the whole thing. She gets shaky around Daniel sometimes but other than that she's normal again.
          He walked back to the cabin and opened the door. The moment he walked in, Daniel's fear filled gaze shot at David. Daniel ran over and hugged him.
          "I thought something happened to you!" Daniel exclaimed anxiously. "If you got hur-"
          "Daniel.. I'm fine. I do this all the time." David smiled. "You don't have to worry!"
          Max walked in the Cabin uninvited. He ran to David and hugged him tight. He was completely silent. As he left the door he said.
          "Goodbye...Da--... David." Max said quietly. David walked over and squatted down.
          "Are your parents here?" David asked and smiled hopefully.
          "U- Uh-, yeahh.. they're here.." He started walking outside. David runs after him.
          "I would LOVE to meet your parents!" David gets jumpy and excited.
          "You shouldn't..." Max says quietly. He clenched his fists and a tear rolled down his face. "Please go...Dad.."
          David decided to respect his wishes. He went back to the cabin and sat down.
          Not to long, later, someone lets out a loud scream. Something makes a loud thump and cars stop. David and Daniel run outside. They find the place of the scream. They saw Nikki and Niel standing by a black car. Someone lets out abother scream. It was Niel.
          David looked over to the front of the car. The first thing David saw, was a blue hoodie, covered in red.