Ch. 17 ~ Fuck off, Max.

Max's parents emerged from the car. They walked behind the car, behind David. He looked at Max and smiled.
          "Look Max!! Told you they'd come!" David was jumping with excitement. Max's parents walked in front of him. His dad grabbed Max's hoodie and pushed him against tree.
          "Why aren't you replying you little SHIT!?"
          "Have you lost your respect over the summer?" His mom yelled. Max sank into his hoodie. His parents continued to yell at him. They called him names, screamed about how they hated having to deal with him. His dad would kick him or punch him. His mom would sceam and slap him.
          David's smile immediately changed to a sad frown. The longer it continued.. he had enough. David marched over to the family as the parents were grabbing his arms and dragging him to the car. His dad threw Max against the side and yelled for him to get in.
          "Please, back away from the child." David called out to Max's parents in the same cold tone he talked to daniel in while they were in the campbell summer home.
          Max tried to intervene.
          "Fuck off, Max." Max's dad kicked him against the car and Max finally went in. He tried to watch from the window.
          "I would greatly appreciate it if you would back. Away. From. Max."
          "Back off, asshole." Max's mom retorted and slaped David. His dad turned around and joined in the argument.
          "He doesn't deserve to be treated that wa-" David was punched on the right side of his face. He jumped back and tried to return the punch. His mom kicked David in the nuts.  His dad punched him a few more times.
          "Don't tell us how to be parents." Max's mom said to David before kicking him again but harder.
          "NO! STOP! STOP IT, MOM, DAD!" Max was screaming from the car but nobody heard. "STOP HURTING HIM!"
          David pushed up as quickly as he could. He punched Max's dad with all he had. His dad went unconscious. Max's mom ran and hit the back of the car. She fainted. Easy enough. David put them both in their car. He left a note saying:

"Don't you dare ever come near him again. go far away. If you hate him so much leave him to someone who cares."

          David opened Max's parents' car. Max jumps out and hugs David. They go into David's car and they start driving. Halfway to David's actual house, Max starts crying. He had seen the scratches and bruises on David's face. Max felt horrible for what they did.
          David pulls to the side and parks for a moment.
          "Max..? What's wrong!" David covered the biggest bruise on his face. Max couldn't bare it. He couldn't stop sobbing. David leaned over and hugged him.
          "I'm sorryy-hy-hy-y--" Max tried his best to hug back.
          "Don't be, Max.. I couldn't let them hurt you anymore." David sighed. "I'm fine!"
          "But... it's my fault they hurt you."
          "It's fine.. and Max... if you want..." He paused and smiled. "You can live with me. I can.. I can be your dad.. for real."
          Max chuckled.
          "Daniel can join us!" David got back on the road and started driving to his house.
"We'll, be a happy family!"