Ch. 6 ~ Spooky Island

David stopped the boat at the island. He looked around and noticed someone. The figure looked like a child.
          "Max?!" He shouted. "Max ! Get over here! I've had enough of this running away business." The closer he got the more he realised it wasn't Max. The child turned and faced him. Shock filled his body.
"No.."
          "What's up Davey!" The kid smiled. "It's been a while, hasn't it."
          David turned the other way and ran. "It's not real.. david.. it's not real." Tears filled his eyes. "He died."
          "David?" The same startled feeling snapped through his mind. He realised it was Max. "David, why the fuck are you here?" He rolled his eyes and looked at Nikki, who was pulling Niel up into a tree to show him what it feels like to be a bird. She lost her grip and Neil fell to the ground with a quiet thud.
          "...Language-- I'm here to retrieve you kids and bring you back to camp !" David put his hands on his hips and frowned. "It's late and you need to be in your tent, asleep." He thought for a short moment on how hard it was to sleep for himself.
          "We're just... trying to destroy the quartermaster's sex dungeon." Niel mumbled and looked at Nikki who was now at the top of the tree. He hoped David didn't understand what he said.
          "His what now.." David picked up Max and reached for Niel. "Nikki, Niel, come on.."
          "Hey- Idiot! Put me down!" Max yelled at David and squirmed to get out of his grip.
          "Max! Please, be ni-"
          "Guys..." Niel interrupted David and pointed to the top of the tree Nikki was climbing. "She's gone..."
          The top of the tree is empty, the leaves swayed in the light wind. There was an open window close by the tree. There had been no sign of Nikki entering it, but it was possible.
          David slapped his free hand against his face and mumbled a couple words under his breath that nobody could hear. "I can't believe this."
          "What the hell..?" Max whispered and continued to attempt at escaping David's grip. "We have to go get her!"
          Niel nodded and looked into David's eyes. "He's right."
          "Fine.. we can't let another camper die..." David began to walk around the house, still holding Max.
          Max relaxed his squirming and looked at David, shocked. "What do you mean... another?!"
          "Jasper..." David covered his mouth with his free hand. He looked like if he thought about it for any longer, he would throw up.