Ch. 24 ~ Mister Campbell!

David woke up in a dark and unfamiliar room. He had a weird feeling in his chest. He looked around, all he could see was darkness. Then a figure seemed to appear. The more his eyes adjusted.. the more it looked like..
          "Mister Campbell?" David said quietly. He sat up. He was laying in some sort of chair. The figure got closer. Then, Snap. The lights were on.
          It really was Cameron Campbell.
          "Sir! I- Uh.. sorry for getting you arrested.." David looked down.
          "apologies don't matter." He grumbled.
          "What-?" David looked back up at mr. Campbell. "What do you.."
          "Nothing.. Davey.." He walked closer to David. "See... I wanted revenge on you. I wanted to kill you the first second I saw you. But then... I got a better idea." He gave a smug smile.
          "W- What would that be..?" David got a bit nervous. Campbell held up a taser.
          "How about torturing you until you beg for mercy and give out your last breath?" Campbell laughed.

~~~~

          "Max.." Daniel opened the door to Max's room. "You said your injury was hurting?" He walked in and saw Max Breathing heavily on the floor.
          "Y- Yeah.." Max meant to say before collapsing. Daniel ran down and picked him up. He ran to his car and put Max in. He started driving to the hospital. Every once in awhile he would turn and look back at Max to make sure he was okay.
          "Here we are buddy.." Daniel grabbed Max's hand and they walked into the hospital. Daniel saw the nurse at the office her eyes widened and she looked nervous.
          "S- Sir! The hospital's closed right now!" She glances back and forth at a room behind her and at Daniel.
          "It might be an emergency!" Daniel argued. He explained the incident with Max and his injury.
          "We're still closed!" She tried to get them away. There was a sudden slightly masculine yet extreamly feminine scream of pain in a far away room.
          "Please Ma- What was that?" Daniel looked behind her and noticed nervous doctors. " why does everyone look so nervous?"
          "Sir! Leave. Now." She slammed her fist on the counter.
          "No-"
          "Kat! The place is empty right? I tased him so much he's crying now. It wasn't very surprising. He is a baby. But I need more torture weapons. Do you happen to have any? David isn't going to kill himself! Not this time at least." He laughed at his own joke. He stopped and noticed Daniel and Max. He froze.
          "Wh- what do you mean David won't kill himself?" Max spoke up.
          "again.." Daniel finished.
          "He's already dead!" Max fighted the urge to cry again. Campbell shifted his glare to the nurse.
          "I'll have your head after this." Campbell grumbled. "Yes! I'm, ever so sorry, about your.. ehm.. loss. This is ayyyy uh.. different David. Old friend of mine that.. betrayed me." Campbell smiled.
          "Then again... I never saw David after he was claimed to be dead." Daniel looked at the nurse. "Mind if I see my..." Daniel remembered he proposed to David recently. He sighed. "My fiancé..."
          "Uhh..." The nurse glanced at Campbell. "No. He's off limits until his funeral."
          "Which will be.. very soon." Campbell finished.
          "LeT ME SEE HIM NOW!" Daniel shouted and grabbed the nurse by the neck. He pulled his knife with the other hand.
          "Dad!" Max looked at Daniel, shocked. 
          "M- Mister Campbell!" The nurse looked at Campbell. Daniel tightened his grip. "Help.."
          "let.me.see.him."

~~~~

          David slammed against the door. His hands were tied behind his back. He slammed against it again. He couldn't breathe steadily. His whole body hurts.
          "Please save me... Daniel.." He curled on the floor. He began to cry again. "Please don't kill me... stop hurting me.."
          He heard something. Yelling. It sounded like Daniel. Yelling at someone, asking to see someone else. David smiled.
          "I guess dying in such a painful way makes you hallucinate your fiancé's voice." David laughed then coughed.
          "He's probably moved on.. thinking I'm dead..."

~~~~

          Daniel threw the nurse down. He looked at Campbell and held his knife up.
          "Where is he."
          "Heavan."
          Daniel flinched. "I'M SERIOUS!"
          "So am I." Campbell walked away around a corner. Daniel ran around. The moment he came around the corner Campbell punched him. He punched him again in the face then dragged him to the room he tased David in.
          "Hey! Get back here!" Max yelled at them. He tried to run but colapsed. The nurse picked him up and took him to a room to check him. She called in a doctor to help.

          Campbell opened the door and kicked David away. He laughed and threw Daniel over and against the wall. He smiled and kicked David against the wall, next to Daniel.
          Daniel regained focus. He turned his head and saw David. Tears filled his eyes.
          "David! You're okay!" Daniel grabbed David's hand. David felt it and opened his eyes. He tried his best to smile. Yet it hurt. Daniel went to wrap his arms around David but Campbell pushed Daniel's arms down with his foot. He grabbed David's hair and dragged him away.
          "NO!" Daniel practically screeched. The tears were rolling down his face rapidly. "DON'T TOUCH HIM!" He crawled over to David.
          "Lookie what you dropped~." Campbell held up Daniel's knife. He pulled David up by his hair and positioned the knife. "Let's see. How will I kill this homosexual?"
          "I SWEAR TO GOD!" Daniel tried standing up. Campbell slammed the knife into David's side. He coughed a little bit of blood.
          "OH!" Campbell gave it another swing. A bit of blood splattered on Campbell. He threw David down. He threw the knife at Daniel and it landed in his shoulder.
          "Gah!" Daniel ripped it out. He tried crawling to David. "D- David!"
          "Hm.." Campbell kicked David in the chest then. Turned to Daniel. He kicked him back. "Behave." Campbell opened the door. "I'm going to get something else to make your boyfriend SCREAM IN PAIN!" He smiled at Daniel and left.

          Daniel finally crawled to David.
          "David!"  Daniel pulled him up. He wrapped his arms around David. David coughed and opened his eyes again. He looked at Daniel. Blood was running down David's mouth. 
          "Daniel.." David tried smiling again. David weakly lifted his hand and gripped Daniel's hand as much as he could. "You.. you looked for me.."
          "Well... I beleived you were dead at first... but.. then I saw Cameron and.. now we're here.."
          "Why were you at the hospital?"
          "...Max's injury got worse.. some bullies beat him up.."
          David's exhausted eyes seemed more alert. He looked at the door.
          "I'll get you out of here..." Daniel said softly. "I'll-"
          "Daniel! Your shoulder!" David looked at Daniel's bleeding shoulder. "Are you okay?!"
          "Am I okay?! Have you seen yourself?!" Daniel whiped the blood off of David's mouth. "He won't kill you.. I promise." Daniel kissed David.
          Daniel pulled David closer. He ran his fingers through David's hair and smiled. David leaned against Daniel. Their wounds didn't seem to matter. Daniel went back and kissed David again. It laster much longer.
          For the first time recently, David and Daniel weren't hurting. They weren't scared. They didn't worry about the past, present, or future. It was just.. them.