Ch. 7 ~ Nikki!!!

The group of guys walked into the spooky house. The name Campbell was outside it. David wondered if Mr. Campbell lived there for some time. Max and Neil were too worried to speak. Max was trying to hide the fact that he was worried for his friend.
          David found a small slip of paper. He looked at both sides. The front side had writing. He showed it to max and Neil. David cleared his throat and read.
          "Come upstairs, she's hiding from me and once I find her she'll be dead by the time you can save her, Davey."
          "What the fu-" Max began to yell at the paper but they were interrupted by a loud female scream and the quick noise of a knife scraping against other metal.
          "NIKKI!" All three of them shouted and ran up the stairs. The moment they arrived they saw Nikki being held up by the back of her shirt. A knife was being held to her neck and, beside her was Daniel. He smiled.
          "Well, well, well, looks like you actually came, David." He threw the knife at David and it skimmed the top of his shoulder and hit the wall.  David instantly let out a startled shreek.
          "You need to release that camper!" David shouted and stomped his foot.
          "Wow.. he's actually sticking up for once.." Max nodded in approval.  Niel was standing behind Max, shivering. "Gosh, Neil, we'll be fineee"
          "You really think I should release her?" Daniel laughed.
          "Mhm.." David was too nervous to use real words. "Don't hurt her..." David put his left hand over his scar. He clenched the shirt in his fist.  "Please.."
          "Wow, David, you really care about them.. Don't you." Daniel laughed.