「 2 」

RIChhhh ssSSeetTT A FFIiiRRrreeee!!!!

________________________

It was early in the morning when I heard someone being wheeled into my hospital room. I sat up and smiled at Jake. My parents were furious with me, I had no idea if they had visited me in the hospital at all. It was just Jake, he visited me everyday. I asked his doctor if he would ever be able to stand again, she was unsure about the bone fracture healing from the fall, if he would be able to walk.

It was all my fault.

"Morning," Jake sat at the edge of the bed smiling up at me, "I got coffee from the lobby, it taste like dirt but it will keep you awake," Jake laughed, as I joined along with him.

"Thanks," I happily took the drink, for the past few days I hadn't seen actual coffee it was just water. I had never been so happy for a horrid cup of coffee. I took a quick drink of the liquid. "Ack, you're right," I nodded, trying not to gag on the drink, "it's terrible!"

Jake giggled, taking a sip from his cup lips twitching a bit. "The worst,"

"When do you get out of here?" I noticed that Jake's free hand was curled into a fist, he looked up at me with a sad look.

"Well, they want to X-ray my leg again, for what I don't know, but then I'm outta here," Jake smiled, "but I promised myself I wouldn't leave until you did," Jake smiled.

"Stop it," I blurt, "you leave tomorrow young man," I said sternly. "You can't stay here because of me, go to your home, got to school. Tell me how bad the rumors are." he nodded. Most likely ignoring every word I said. "Besides, someone has to tell the world I'm okay,"

"Yeah,"

"OHMIGOSH!" I was scrolling through my phone, texting Jake between his classes. Scrolling down a post from Jenna Roland's feed. "DID YOU HEAR DID YOU HEAR? RICH SET A FIRE AND HE BURNED DOWN HIS HOUSE! HE TOLD ME CAUSE HE'S MY BEST FRIEND!!" I shook my head, the rumors could be worse. They could be lying. I copied the link and sent it to Jake who responded with a bunch of shock emojis.

I kept scrolling through the comments, rolling my eyes at the stupidity of my fellow classmates.

Jenna : " RICH SET A FIRE AND HE MELTED HIS HEAD! "

Chloe : " RICH SET A FIRE AND HE'S TOTALLY DEAD! "

Brooke : " RICH SET A FIRE AND HE FLED TO BOMBAY! "

I wanted to comment to everyone's false accusations, but I just went to my page and posted an explanation.

" I'm alive, and I'm not in Bombay, " seconds later I got over twenty comments saying how much everyone missed me. I really hoped Jake was doing okay at school, because I could tell everyone on my feed was lying to my face.

" Burned it down! "

- Be More Chill Company (Rich Set A Fire)