「 20 」

slight cursing

I help Jake into the car, tossing his wheelchair in the back. He still looks kind of sad. I want to cheer him up so bad, it hurts me. He's such a great guy, and I was a crappy boyfriend. Run away together? With what money? I had to drive back home, I had to. I'd have to do it while he would be sleeping, so he wouldn't be upset.

Are you sure that's a good idea?

My Squip. I couldn't even remember the last time I heard his robotic voice... it felt like forever.

okay for ONE my voice isn't robotic, it's "high tech" TWO I'M HERE FOR YOU JERK. SO BE NICE.

I looked over at Jake, who must have passed out in the time I had gotten the car in drive. He really is super cute.

Okay, Romeo.

"I'm just saying -- he's really cute!" I whispered. The Squip laughed at me. The weird 'ha ha' Squip laugh that he had. I blushed, looking back at Jake.

EYES ON THE ROAD!

I looked back to the road. I drove on the highway. It was getting dark. I hated driving in the dark. Especially on the highway. I saw someone in the corner of my eye, in some red car. It was a PT Cruiser.

MICHAEL?

"That's Michael car!" I yelled, which woke up Jake. He looked out the window. Then at me. "I think Michaels trying to stalk us-" I looked out the window. Jeremy was in the passenger seat glaring at me through the window. Jake grunted.

Jeremy signaled me to pull off onto the next section.

"I guess I'm pulling off at the 7-11 at the next intersection?" I laughed, nervously. I noticed my hands were sweating. Crap. I looked in the rearview mirror at the Squip who had disappeared. Figures. Oh no.

"What do you think they're going to say?" I pulled into the parking lot. Ignoring Jakes question. My stomach was turning. My hands were shaking. Why did I feel like I just got busted?

"It's like when my parents caught me a few months ago for setting that fire-" I laughed. I looked over at Jake. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to send you into a PTSD episode-"

"I'm fine Rich, it was like so long ago-" he smiled. Jake was the most forgiving person ever. I didn't deserve him.

"Looks like Mom's angry," Jake pointed to a fuming Michael who jumped out of his car. He looked at me through my car window. I gulped, blushing. He knocked on the window with his fist. He looked like he would break the glass if I didn't get outside of the car.

"Out," Michael, pulled me out of the car and was fuming. I had never seen him so mad. Jeremy was standing next to him. He was holding his hand whispering something to him. It seemed to calm him. A bit. He took a deep breath. "WHAT THE HELL RICHARD?!" he screamed. I was glad that Jake was in the car. I didn't need him hear Michael yelling at me.

"I-I'm sorry!" I whispered. I meant to yell it back at him. I had no energy left. I couldn't fight with anyone anymore. I had no energy left. I wanted to collapse on the ground. Before I knew it I was crying. Where was my Squip?! Why wasn't he here?

"Hey-" Michael let go of Jeremy's hand. I let my head fall on Michaels' shoulder. And I just sobbed.

" Drives a PT CRUISER! "

- Michael Mell / George Salazar ( Rich Set A Fire )