Date Night?

~small time skip from. Last chapter~

(Josh pov)

(Y/N) had just finished explaining what had happened to Brendon and it was really heroic actually. "Babe that's like really brave, I can't believe you did that." She brushed it off like it was nothing though. "I couldn't let Brendon die I mean he is human so I'm not going to let a human die if I can prevent it, plus think how many people would be devastated to hear Bren died. " The wave of her hand signified she didn't want to look back on it.

I glanced at the clock on the bus wall. 3:39 pm I scratched the back of my neck nervously. "Hey sweetheart would you... Uh like to uh maybe go on a date... With me?" (Y/N) looks up from her phone and I can't help but to notice how her (H/L) (H/C) hair frames her face so well making her look like an angel. "Hello, Earth to Josh come in Josh!" (Y/N) snaps her fingers in front of me. "Huh, what? " I ask being ripped from my thoughts. "I said I would go out with you silly." playfully shoving me, my smile lifted and I pulled her in for a quick embrace. "Cool wear something casual." (Y/N) pecked my cheek and let go of my torso. "Will do Dunshine." She said walking off to get ready.

I'm taking (Y/N) to three places via cab (because I'm not walking 28 miles to get where we are going.) The amusement park, a local diner and then my house. (Y/N) steps out of the bathroom ready and even in casual clothing she looks gorgeous. "Take a picture it will last longer." She sasses me and I chuckle. "You ready princess?" I ask linking her arm with mine. "Let's go my prince." With that we walk out of the bus and to the car.

"Where are we going Jishwa?" (Y/N) asks innocently. "A surprise." I smile at her and continue driving down the road. "Hints?" she queries. "No can do princess." I laugh as (Y/N) groans in annoyance. "Don't worry it isn't too far from here." I say as we continue to drive down a LA highway.

~time skip~

"Hey sweetheart were here!" I say and  (N/N) looks up and her face instantly lights up.  "Oh my goodness, Josh a theme park thank you!" She exclaimed happily and hugs me, needless to say I hugged back.  "Well are we just going to sit here or are we going to do stuff?" I reply unbuckling my seatbelt. "I don't know why we aren't already in line." (Y/N) says jumping out of the car, I sass back "Cause your slow." She merely smirks and asks. "I'd say that's a challenge Mr. Dun, is it?" I nod and without warning (Y/N) takes off running towards the entrance. I roll my eyes and run after her.

(Y/N) and I finally managed to get through the long line of people awaiting a sick looking rollercoaster. The ride attendant scanned our wristbands and then gave us the whole safety protocol thingy. "Josh this looks so awesome!" (Y/N) said sitting next to me in what looked to the middle most row. "Heck yeah it does." I shout back to her, the ride attendant comes by and checks our seatbelts and lap bar. Then gives the operator an all clear.

Y/N Pov

I take my eyes off of Josh and look forward anticipating the coasters ascent when I look in front of me I almost choked on air I saw someone I wish I never had to see again.

What the hell is he doing here wait, don't say anything he won't notice you.

I brush it off like I didn't see anything and concentrate back on the ride. I feel the clack clack clack of the coaster and then a sudden pause. "Babe look at me!" Josh blurts out. "Wh-" I was cut off by lips pressing passionately to mine I kiss back loving every second of it. A flash makes me pull away and the coaster cars all drop making me scream and Josh laughs yelling along with me. "That was SICK!" I yell at the end of the ride. "Lets go see our picture." Josh says grabbing my hand and dragging me to the photo pick up place.

Josh was paying for the photo and I was looking at a bunch of little trinkets when I heard a familiar voice. "(Y/ N) hey I haven't seen you in forever babes how have you been?" I shuddered hearing his voice, "Don't talk to me Noah." I spat harshly and he grabs my wrist. "You're still feisty, that's what I love about you." I yank my hand away from him and was about to call for Josh when said boy walked up behind me. "Sweetheart is he bothering you?" Josh asks placing his arm around my waist concern and a tinge of jealousy in his eyes. "No it's fine Josh, Noah is just somebody who I used to know." Noah smirks and fakes a hurt expression, "More like old lovers (Y/ N) any time you want you can come back to me and leave him." Joshua tightens his grip on my waist. "I will have you know Noah that Josh has treats me better than you ever could and, we will be leaving." I say wrapping my arm around Josh's torso and walking out of the door.

"Babe do you want to go somewhere else?" My wonderful boyfriend asks me and I nod briefly in response. "Josh are you sure your alright?" He still seemed tense after that confrontation with Noah. "Mmhm just fine." He replies although I can tell he's lying, his knuckles are gripped so tight onto the steering wheel that they're white and he keeps gritting his teeth. "Okay babe if you say so." I say turning up the radio slightly when a familiar tune came through. Stressed Out. "Josh listen babe, it's you guys song." I say in excitement and a small small smile appears on his face. "Yeah they have been playing it a lot lately..." he trails off a bit as the radio dj starts speaking

"Ladies and Gentlemen that was Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots reaching number one on the top 200 billboard."

My facial expression goes from excited to flabbergasted, number one that's amazing. "Joshie I'm so proud of you and Tyler!" I exclaim hugging him even though he's driving. "Yeah whatever it's not a big deal." Josh said in an annoyed tone, "Josh if this is about earlier I don't even like Noah he's my abusive ex." I explain to Josh with a hope he won't be mad. "I said I'm fine about it." Josh says an angry expression on his face. "Josh are you jealous?" I ask curiously, he lets out a low grunt. "No." I roll my eyes, "Joshua William Dun, look at me." I command in a very serious tone, "What?" He looks at me with a hardened expression and I hold his gaze. "You are the one I love not him he is in the past and I don't love him, okay. Do I need to prove it?" I say looking directly into his eyes and he just shrugs. I take this as an opportunity to press my lips to his sweetly yet pouring out the emotions of this situation and he kisses back, a minute goes by and we pull away. "I love you." Josh says pulling into a 80's style diner. "I love you too." I say and we walk in and sit down at a booth.

~Time skip since it is just you and Josh eating dinner~

¥<Josh>¥

I was in love that was that. No matter what happens I know until can count on her. Yes I was still a little jealous, Anyways after dinner I was taking (Y/ N) to my place and it was only like a five minute drive so it wouldn't take too long. "Sweetheart what you wanna do when we get to my house?" I ask holding her hand. "How does building a pillow fort and playing video games sound?" She asked smiling, oh that smile it lights up the room. "Tyler why did you posses my girlfriend I want her back." I laugh causing (Y/ N) to laugh too. "Tyler didn't posses me I just like video games and pillow forts and red bull." I roll my eyes and pull into my driveway. "Whatever Tyler Jr. let's go inside." She just shakes her head and punches my shoulder playfully. Tonight neither of us are sleeping it will be like we are kids again pulling all nighters and playing video games till the sun comes up. "Want to pull an all nighter?"  (Y/ N) practically reads my mind I nod my head, grabbing her by the waist and jumping onto the couch earning a squeal of surprise. We both fall onto the couch laughing.

Tonight will be sick.

Stay hopeful friends
-Rhea
😊💖