Max #5

{Requested by @-RedLeader- }

Headcanon: Max can actually sing very well

       Max kicked aside another rock, mumbling profanities under his breath. It had been another miserable day at Camp Campbell and David had tried to make him, Neil, and Nikki get along with Harrison, Preston, and Nerris by putting them in a group for rowing. Long story short, Neil almost drowned, Preston passed out, Nikki had to save Neil, and Harrison got soaked. In the end Nerris and Max had been the only ones who were actually able to stay inside the boat the whole time.

       So, to let off some stress, Max had skulked off into the woods, no destination planned. Just letting his feet take him where they wanted to go. After a few more checks of the area, he concluded he was alone.

      And he began to sing.
"Stuck in a limbo, here we go.
Me and my sins go toe to toe.
I played a vicious part.
I've broken my fair share of hearts."

He continued on singing, finishing the entire song. He let out a sigh of relief, feeling much better.

"That was awesome!"
"Nikki shut up!"

Max froze, his aquamarine pupils shrinking. Slowly, he turned around, spotting Neil trying to pull away an overexcited Nikki. The curly haired male looked up at Max, laughing nervously.
"H-Hey Max, uh, how are you this fine evening?"

Max felt his teeth clench together, in anger or embarrassment he was unsure, perhaps both.
"What the fuck were you guys following me for?!"

Nikki finally broke free of Neil's grasp, faceplanting onto the floor. She spit out some dirt and looked up at Max from the ground, smiling, " We thought you were gonna do something to get back at David and wanted to come watch! But we got an even better thing. We dint know you can sing!"

Max let out a sigh of frustration, crossing his arms.
"Whatever the hell you heard right now never happened, ok? This stays between u-"

Nikki dashed off, screaming the words, "MAX CAN SING!"

"Motherfucker!" Max dashed off after her, leaving Neil alone in the clearing.

"I guess I'm supposed to help", he sighed before running off after them.

      By the time Max had got back to camp, Nikki was already yapping off the news to David. The auburn haired counselor looked up as soon as Max exited the forest and a huge grin spread onto his lips. Max ran back into the woods only to run straight into Neil.
       David jogged over and helped both boys up-well- he helped Neil up and Max he picked up to his feet by the hoodie as he was still trying to make a break for it.
"Well Max. Nikki has told me some wonderful news indeed. She has told that you have quite the excellent singing voice," David chirped, happy as a kid on Christmas day.

     To this, Max flipped Nikki off, earning a glare from David.
"Anyways, I was wondering if you'd like to si-"

"Nope. Nope, nopeity nope," Max said, struggling to try and slip out of his hood so that he could run, as David was still holding onto him.

"Aw, come on Max," Nikki pleaded, pouting, " Everyone would love to hear you sing!"

Max pointed at his face, making sure his expression was blank.
"Does it look like I care?"

Nikki sighed loudly, crossing her arms.
"Fine. Be like that. But, I'm still telling everyone you can sing."
She knew very well that if she informed the others, they'd all bug Max relentlessly until he sang for them.

Max groaned, hiding his face with his hands.
"Fine. I'll sing."

Nikki cheered and pulled Max out of David's grip, pulling him over to the other campers.
"Guys! Guys! Max is gonna sing for us!"

      The other campers gathered quickly, mainly out of curiosity and bewilderement. Max felt his face heat up in embarrassment when he saw David pulling a reluctant looking Gwen over, grinning excitably.

Max stared down at the ground, shoving his hands in the pockets of his hood.
Fine
They want a song
He'll give them a song.
" Everybody knows shit's fucked
I don't give a good goddamn
Your Uncle Sam is a motherfucker
I don't wanna see him again
Have to pretend
Count to ten
You blew up your towers to justify a war
I don't really care what your arms are for
More money on defence fuck hospitals
Fuck human beings Fuck humanity
Fuck human beings Fuck humanity!"

Max grinned as the other campers joined in, throwing their hands in the air.
"Fuck human beings Fuck humanity!"

He nearly died of laughter when Gwen joined in as well, David looking as though he just saw his puppy get hit by a car.
"Fuck human beings Fuck humanity!"

They asked for a song
They got it