Am I Worthy?

"Do you think I would ever have a chance with one of those guys from that one tv show?" I asked. We were on our way to a Filipino restaurant to pick up the food Andrea's mom ordered.

"Which one are you talking about?" Andrea asked.

"Boy band"

"Ohh.. haha.. maybe. I mean it's kind of hard to actually get their attention considering the fact they're literally rehearsing and hanging out with each other 24/7. They don't really have any time to start talking to someone. I didn't know you watched the show."

"You're right. I don't watch it but you're just friends with some of them and I was just kind of thinking."

"I mean it's not impossible, there's always a chance."

We were driving to get food on the way back to her house so she can rehearse for the upcoming show.

"Did the guys say that they wanted anything to eat before they came over?" I asked.

"Yeah they did. Hey are you still thinking about talking to Chris?" Andrea asked.

"Not really. I admire him but I don't have any real feelings towards him."

"Ok good, because I think I'm going to try to make a move within the next couple of days."

"Really?! That's so cute and brave, shoot. I don't have the confidence."

"Well yeah because if I don't do it soon, I won't be able to do it anytime after that. I need to take my chance now." Andrea pulled out her phone and began to take a video on snapchat of her telling her fans that she's going to be performing as an opening performance on ABC's newest show Boy Band in a couple days.

"I'm glad you're putting yourself out there. Just thinking about it makes me sick. I honestly wish I was you because I would not be able to do what you are doing."

"Kalani, you are beautiful, talented in both the arts and sports, and you care for everyone. You're the whole package. I wish I was you sometimes." Andrea said.

I smiled. This is one of the reasons why I am so glad we became friends. Andrea understands me more than anyone else. She's like my sister, and I can't imagine my life without her. Just being in the same room with her is comforting.