Lounge Talk

We got to the lounge and I only recognized Drew, Brady, Sergio, Mikey, Cam, and Chance. There were a few other guys but I never figured out their names.

"Hey guys," Andrea said as we walked over to the couches they were sitting on.

"Hey!" They all said to us.

"So what do you guys have planned tonight?" I asked sitting down next to Mikey. He smiled and gave me a half hug. I sat down and saw Drew looking at me. I waved and he waved back.

"Nothing, we were just hanging out and you guys kind of just came into the conversation. I mentioned that Andrea said you're amazing at singing, Kalani." Sergio said.

"No," I said.

"Yes, what are you so afraid of Kalani?" Sergio said.

"I-I'm just not that person." I said.

"Look if Kalani doesn't want to sing for us, we can't force her." Drew said defending me.

"Wait what do you mean not that kind of person?" Brady asked.

"I don't like to show off my talents. I mean, I guess being in sports that's what you're supposed to do, but it's different. And all of you guys are amazing at singing and I feel like I can't compare." I said.

"Kalani you're amazing. You can reach notes even I can't reach." Andrea said.

"Just one song. Even if it's like thirty seconds, we just want to hear a little bit of it."

"Please Kalani." Andrea said.

I looked around and everyone was looking at me. I looked over at Drew and he was looking right at me. We locked eyes for a couple of seconds. "Fine."

"Yes!" Andrea said happily.

"What are you going to sing?" Mikey asked. Immediately I knew what song I was going to sing.

"Worst in Me by Julia Micheals."

"I don't think I've ever heard that song before." Mikey said.

"I love that song, bro." Chance said.

"I love Julia Micheals." I said.

"Alright let's hear it." Brady said.

I began to sing the beginning and then the chorus and started to end it after that. I didn't know why I wanted to sing that song for them. I felt so much emotion in that song. My eyes were closed when I sang the last note and when I opened my eyes they went straight to Drew right away, and I saw this smile on my face that just took all the sadness and pain I felt when I was singing.