Rehearsals

We got to the house and all the cars were already in the driveway. We walked up to the house with all the food in our arms. And to our surprise Chris was sitting on the porch waiting for us.

"What are you doing outside? Shouldn't you be in the house with everyone else?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I'd thought you girls would need some help with the food." Chris said.

"Awe thanks," Andrea said.

Chris proceeded to take some of the food I was carrying to help relieve my load.

"Oh um thanks." I said uncomfortably. I looked at Andrea with a sorry look in my eyes.

"No problem," Chris said taking some of the food.

After everyone ate Andrea, Chris, and the band began to rehearse for a bit. They went over the set that they planned on performing for the show.

"You're an amazing musician, Chris" I said while we both were picking out some snacks from the kitchen.

"Thanks, Kalani" Chris smiled and had looked at me longer than average, I broke the eye contact and kept picking out snacks and fruit from the bowls spread around the table.

All of a sudden Andrea pulls me to the side and asks me to go upstairs with her. We began to walk upstairs and I sense that there was something wrong with her but I didn't know what it was.

"Andrea, what's wrong?" I asked after she closed the door to her room behind her.

"I'm freaking out." She said as she was pacing back and forth in her room.

"What why? You sounded great out there. I think you're more than ready for the show."

"No, that's not it. I've been trying to talk to Chris like just the two of us, but I can't get him to be by himself. He's never alone to where I can walk up to him and just talk to him." She stopped and looked at me all worried and I was beginning to become actually concerned for her.

"Andrea, i think you're just over thinking it. I mean we were just talking just now and we were only getting snacks. I'm sure you're fine, just let it come naturally, don't rush it." I put my hands on her shoulders to hopefully relieve her of some stress.

"You sure? Oh God, am I crazy? I don't want to be that girl." She began to pace again. At this point I am slowly starting to become convinced that she's going crazy.

"You're fine. Like I said just let it come naturally and you'll be fine."

We heard a knock coming from the door, and slowly the door begins to open with Chris's head peeking through.

"Hey are you guys okay? He looked a little worried.

"Yeah. I was just having a problem with my makeup," I said, "I'm fine now. you two go, I just have to make a quick adjustment." I just grabbed something random from Andrea's makeup case to make it seem like I actually did have to fix meting about my makeup.

"Ok," They both said.

"I'll see you downstairs," Chris said.

-

"We'll see you guys tomorrow!" The guys said as they were getting in their cars.

Right when we closed the door behind us Andrea screams and starts jumping in joy.

"Oh my God, oh my God, Lani. We didn't talk for a long time, but when we were it was amazing! I really think he's interested in me."

"Awe, Andrea I'm so happy for you!"

"Do you think I have a chance at this point?"

"Yes, of course!"

"I really need to start figuring out how I'm going to look this week.. Let's go upstairs so you can help me!" She said while pulling me up to her room.