» 4

"Wonderful." My breath became visible in the air as I let out a sigh. I could not believe I could be this stupid.

Slowly sliding down to the ground, I stared at nothing. Maybe I would die of hypothermia? That didn't sound so bad at this point.

I had no idea what to do, I have no friends who live near me, let alone family.

I had an idea, but it was a little far fetched. I didn't know if it was a good idea, but I was desperate.

Getting up off the ground, I wiped my eyes and walked off my porch. I made my way down the driveway and took a left to get to Niall's house. What else was I supposed to do?

I hesitantly made my way up to his porch, taking small strides and feeling my feet beginning to freeze. The snow was blocking my vision ever so slightly, and I eventually made my way to his front door.

knock knock

I heard shuffling, it became louder as the person made their way to the door.

The door opened to reveal Niall in all of his glory.

"Yes?" He asked, opening the storm door only slightly.

I blew a piece of hair out of my face. I didn't know what to say- so I rambled by accident.

"Look. I just got home from work and I left my keys in the house and have no way to get inside, I just really need to borrow a coat. I'm sorry for being a bitch these past few days and I understand why you wouldn't want to help me, but I'm desperate."

Niall stared at me blankly and opened the door up further. He looked at me up and down and gave a soft sigh.

"I accept your apology, but get inside, it's freezing!" He motioned for me to follow him inside, which I did. I hoped it wouldn't be extremely awkward, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

I followed him inside and shut the door behind me, taking my boots off at the front door.

"How did you manage to leave your keys inside?" He laughed ever so slightly, shaking his head.

"It was an accident!" I crossed my arms, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"Or, I have another theory- you didn't actually leave your keys inside and you just wanted to see me." The same cocky smirk radiated off his face. God, he was annoying.

"Just because i'm here does not mean that I like you, don't get it twisted. I just needed to wait until I could get someone to open up my door for me. I'm desperate at this point." I gave him a cold stare, not even wanting to look at him at all.

"Well damn, so much for you not being a bitch anymore." He made his way down the hallway and disappeared into his kitchen.

I sighed and pulled out my phone, trying to reach anywhere that could get me inside my own home. I could not stand to be with Niall for too long.

a/n: i've never been locked out of my house before so i have no idea what you have to do if you don't have your keys lol sorry the next chapter might be slightly inaccurate

other than that, i've been writing a lot! idk why but i really enjoy writing this

i hope it's not too boring :)

also, remember her locket from the first chapter? that'll be an important object very soon ;)))

well, thanks for reading

xoxo mars