» 30

mini author's note: hey hey kiddos

i'm super excited to see so many people adding this story to their reading lists!! it makes me really happy

i'm trying my best on this story and i'm sorry if it's going in a bunch of weird directions. i promise it'll be a little more steady soon.

-cass

niall's pov

"remy... baby, wake up." her daytime naps were beginning to get longer. it was concerning, in a way. it felt like i was losing her.

i lost my child and now i'm losing her.

she groaned, stretching her arms above her head and blinking her eyes open.

"niall, i was sleeping!" she sounded a bit upset.

"i know... but it's almost midnight and you've been asleep since 2:30. that was more than a nap, rem."

she sighed and sat up. everything about her was starting to change. of course, she's still beautiful, but she's just... different, even physically.

"i have to edit a video, will you please join me?" i asked her, she sighed and stood up.

"fine." she followed me into my office and she sat down in the chair next to me.

"we have to start packing, you know." she mumbled, typing something on her phone. a slight sigh escaped my lips.

"i know, i know... i'm nervous." i told her. she nodded.

"i am too. mom and dad aren't happy about me leaving already." i turned to her. i knew her parents were crazy but... she's a grown fucking woman.

"you're a grown woman, why are they mad?" i asked. she shrugged her shoulders and put her phone back into the pocket of my hoodie she was wearing.

"i dunno... dad just passed so mom doesn't want me to leave. my mom's also pissed because i haven't let her meet you yet." she bit her lower lip.

"well, can i meet her?" i asked, kind of wishing she had brought it up sooner so i could make a good impression on them.

"niall, she's insane, i've told you this. i don't want her to say something hurtful to you, i love you too much." a slight smile crept onto my face.

"i know rem, i just want them to know their daughter didn't pick a total retard." she laughed, it was cute. it always was.

"i'm not so sure about that." she grinned, placing a soft peck onto my lips. she looked at the screen.

"what's the video on?" she asked me, and i hadn't told her yet, but i guess i could now.

"you." i said softly, she turned to me.
"what about me?" i smiled once again.

"who you are, how much i love you, our future... everything." her eyes seemed to light up.

"i love you." her face was filled with happiness, something i haven't seen in a while.

"i love you more, rem."