» 28

-hi i'm lazy so i'm time skipping the whole day yeehaw-

NIALL'S POV

my eyes slowly flicked open and light flooded into our hotel room. i turned over to see remy still dead asleep, her mouth slightly open like it always is when she sleeps. i grinned to myself, she's fucking adorable.

pulling my phone off the night stand, i clicked it on and noticed it was only 9:27 am (to be exact). rem began to mumble something in her sleep, something about a baby. she does this frequently, so it doesn't faze me when it happens. but this time, hearing the word "baby" made me listen a little more than usual.

"niall- w-we lost the-." she whispered lightly, just audible enough for me to hear. my eye's widened, she's just having a dream, right?

i shook her harshly, my heart beat was quickening. her eyes blinked open, and i could tell immediately that something was wrong. her eyes were a bit scared, and she slowly lifted up the blanket covering her to reveal blood had saturated the sheets where she was lying.

"oh my god!" i yelled out, quickly getting out of bed and running over to her. she looked miserable already, a tear rolled down her cheek. i picked her up carefully and brought her over to the bathroom, which thankfully had a bath.

"take everything off, i'll go down to the launderette and get it washed up later." panic, fear, and sadness filled my veins. i haven't cried in a long time, but my eyes began to water.

remy pulled all of her clothes off and i placed them in a towel, careful not to get any blood on my hands. i turned the bath on for her, and she kicked the stream with her feet as she continued to cry softly.

i sat on the edge of the bath tub and stroked her hair lightly, she put her head into my chest and continued to sulk. i began to cry as well, i couldn't fight it any longer.

"it's going to be okay, i promise." i choked out, kissing the top of her head. i heard her sobs become louder, she was becoming hysterical.

"w-we lost our baby niall." her voice was muffled by my shirt, and i nodded, choking on my own tears.

"i-i-i know, it's gonna be okay. we can handle this, we're strong as long as we stick together." i felt her move her head out of my chest and look up at me. her face was bright red, and tears were staining her cheeks.

"this feels like a really shitty dream." she replied softly.

i bent down and softly kissed her lips. they tasted salty, to no surprise.

"we'll get through this, together." i reassured her once again.

"i know."

i knew we needed to get to the hospital, this wasn't something small this time.

"rem, finish your bath and i'll bring you some clean clothes. we need to get to the hospital to make sure you're alright."

she nodded, i kissed the top of her head once more and exited the bathroom, going to get clothes out of her suitcase.

i still can't hold back my tears. my baby, our baby, is gone. i know it wasn't planned, but this was still the best thing to ever happen to me. why me? why us?

-

a/n: oof