The One I Can't Think Up a Title For

"Emma," I heard Nico call my name. "Hey Emma, he's awake. Come quickly."
Madison and I were sitting and chatting, while Nico had gone to check on our sleeping prisoner. We both stood up and went to where Nico was. He was standing in front of the stirring figure of Mr Adams. Our prisoner was sitting quietly, staring in front of him.
"Aww, not trying to trick us again, are we?" Madison mocked him. "Smart choice. You're learning something."
"Madison..." I started.
"Looks like the scum and the traitors have me," Mr Adams spit out, still not looking at us. "Do what you want with me. It won't make a difference with anything, you know."
"Yeah, sure," I said, crouching in front of him. "We'll just have see."
His pale green eyes snapped to mine and he stared at me with a mixture of hate and disgust.
"It doesn't matter how hard you try, you can't do anything," Mr Adams laughed harshly. "You lost. You lost the moment you ran away and tried to oppose this new life you had right there in front of you."
His voice and demeanor suddenly changed. The hate faded away and his soft but brash features reappeared. It was the teacher I knew sitting in front of me.
"Emma, such a smart little student," Mr Adams said. "Cares for her friends so much, but just wants to be left alone. Acts so simplistic, doesn't she? Well done ruining people's lives with that. You know, this thing might get you a bit behind on your schoolwork."
Mr Adams changed back to the loathing and laughed mirthlessly.
"Oh, is that who you are? And is that what you want back?" he asked, grinning. "You just want to fix everything. Well, it's too late. It's too late for all of you. You'll be found. Those of you who won't be killed will go have fun back where they belong. Mindless servants."
"Last time I checked, you're also one of those," I said, shaking with anger.
"Oh yes, you're so sure about that, aren't you?" Mr Adams asked. "Maybe I noticed what you didn't. Maybe this was my choice."
I stood up slowly. Madison and Nico looked at me worriedly.
Suddenly, I kicked Mr Adams in the side. Only hard enough to hurt him, not break anything. He curled up in pain and grimaced.
"Shut up," I snarled. "It's only been a few minutes of speaking to you and frankly, I'm tired of you acting this way already. Let's get this stuff out of you."
I crouched down again and prepared to start. Mr Adams noticed what I was doing and started struggling violently to look away or get up. I couldn't keep him in place as well as I did with Madison.
"Hold him," I heard Nico instruct Madison and they both rushed to hold his arms. Mr Adams continued to struggle, but was unable to get away.
"You are starting to feel tired. You just want to relax," I started. "Just focus on my voice. Nothing else matters. You only want to listen to my voice and slip deeper into a trance."
Mr Adams was struggling less and less. He couldn't close his eyes or look away anymore.
"You feel so tired. Every breath you take makes you feel more relaxed. You cannot fight anymore. You just want to sleep."
I knew it was my chance.
"When I count to three, you will be in a trance," I concluded. "One, two... three."
His eyes closed and he was gone. I did it.
I looked up at Nico and Madison, who slowly let go of Mr Adams. They stared at me intently.
"Are you guys ok?" I asked. I didn't know what effect my hypnotism would have on them standing in front of me.
"Yeah," Nico said slowly. "I don't feel... hypnotise in any way. I didn't even need to fight anything."
"I guess it only works on who you're trying to get," Madison said. "Oh well, I guess you'd better get Mr Adams out of it."
"Yeah," I said and faced him again.
Suddenly, a pain shot through my head. My vision collapsed and I could only see spots. I held my head, grimacing, and fell to the ground as the pain continued to grow.
"Emma? Emma!" I heard a voice, but I couldn't make out who it was.
My vision disappeared and as the pain reached its peak, I let out a long and drawn out yell. I thrashed around wildly. I couldn't think. I didn't know what to do.
Suddenly, the pain started to fade and my vision slowly cleared up. I closed my eyes and breathed heavily. When, the pain was almost completely gone, I opened my eyes again.
I looked into the faces of Madison and Nico, who were looking worriedly at me. That seemed to be happening more often than not.
"Emma," Madison said. "Are... are you okay?"
I groaned and tried to move. I only then noticed that Nico was holding me in his arms.
"Yeah, my ears are just ringing a bit," I said.
I slowly sat upright and Nico got to his feet to help me up. I grabbed his extended hand and pulled myself up. Mr Adams was still sitting where we had left him.
"I guess I should, you know, get him out of it again," I said, crouching in front of Mr Adams.
"Yeah," Nico said. "It should be nice not having someone trying to kill you in the group."
I looked at Mr Adams and sucked in my breath.
"Now," I said in a commanding tone. "When I count to three again, you will wake up. When you wake up, you will no longer be under anyone's control. All the commands you have received will be removed from you, but you will still have all your memories. Do you understand?"
Mr Adams groaned softly.
"Ok. One, two and three."
Mr Adams' eyes snapped open and be looked around. Everyone was silent for a few seconds.
"Well," he said brashly. "That was some experience I wouldn't like to go through again. I guess the little infiltration plan didn't go over so well."
He gave me a small smile.
"At least you got me out, though."