Chapter Seven - Two Paths

When they returned to camp, Cinderpaw pushed past questioning cats, to the apprentice's den. She blindly stumbled into an empty nest, and fell asleep, Greenpool's voice ringing in her head.
"You just become a medicine cat."
"You must."
"You must."
"You must."
"I now give you your Warrior name, Cindercreek." Highstar called, and the clan called her new name. "It is custom that you will now stand a silent vigil, to watch over your clan.
Cinderpaw almost burst with pride, her new name brilliant to her. She followed her brothers, who were now called Crowheart and Deerleap, and they took their place for the silent vigil.
Cinderpaw took in a deep breath, the cool air refreshing. She couldn't believe she was finally a warrior, she could now protect her clan.
She looked at her brothers, then back at the sky. But something was eating at her. She felt an urge that this wasn't the right thing. That she wasn't doing what she was meant to do.
The urge kept pushing at her, then suddenly everything changed.
She saw a large pool before her, the water cool and silver. Fallowstripe was besides her, and seemed to be speaking.
"You have grown wise and skilled with herbs, and it is time for you to revive your new name, and become a full medicine cat." Fallowstripe was saying, and Cinderpaw looked st her with joy.
"I now name you Cinderstorm. Now touch your nose to the water, to speak with StarClan." Cinderpaw did as she was told, and everything faded to black.
Cinderpaw bolted awake, the morning light streaming into the den. Were those the possibilities for her future?
She didn't know why, but the second one seemed more ... right. She had always liked watching Fallowstripe at work, but she never thought she would do any of that.
Taking in a deep breath, she padded past the sleeping apprentices towards Highstar's den.
"Hello? Highstar, I want to speak with you." She called into his den, and then came a sleepy reply.
"You can enter."