Chapter Six - Answers

"Why would I be here, unless ... Oh no. Please no." Cinderpaw said, starting to pace back and forth.
A black she-cat with dazzling green eyes walked up to Cinderpaw, stars in her fur. "Hello, Cinderpaw."
"Leave me alone! I don't want to become a stupid medicine cat!" Cried Cinderpaw, her tone harsh.
"I am Greenpool." Said the cat, as if she hadn't even heard the apprentice. "And it's StarClan's wish for you to become a medicine cat."
"Yeah, well what about what I want, huh?" Cinderpaw snapped, and Greenpool just looked at her. "I want to be a warrior, then deputy, and then leader. How can I do that if I'm a medicine cat?
"I want to serve my clan like my mother, and like my father did before he died."
"Dead?" Laughed the StarClan cat. "Your father is not dead."
Shocked, Cinderpaw looked up at the cat. "What, what do you mean he's not dead."
"Your mother might of told you that, but he is alive and well. He dwells in ShadowClan."
Suddenly Cinderpaw say the ShadowClan camp, with a silver she-cat that looked like Emeraldstar.
A black tom, the same one she saw earlier, walked up to her. Cinderpaw turned to Greenpool.
"Why are you showing me this tom, the one talking to Emeraldstar?"
"You'll find out soon enough." Greenpool responded, and the forest and the cat started to fade.
"Wait, is he my father? Is that why you showed him to me?" Called out Cinderpaw, but Greenpool didn't respond. "Does that mean my mother is a traitor, and I'm Half-Clan. Wait!"
Cinderpaw woke up, breathing hard. Was that real? We're her parents truly traitors?
"Cinderpaw!" She heard a voice calling for her, and she quickly stood up. "Oh Cinderpaw!" Featherleap tan to the apprentice, rubbing her muzzle against her head. "Don't ever run off like that again."
"I won't." Replied Cinderpaw, and as they headed back home, she blocked out their voices, her thoughts ringing in her head. Why did her mother betray her clan?