Chapter Fourteen - The Gathering

ThunderClan cats padded onto the fallen tree, leading them to the island for the Gathering. Cinderpaw dug her claws in, still not used to it.
   Once every cat had crossed, they entered the clearing in the island. ShadowClan, SkyClan, and WindClan were already there, although RiverClan hadn't yet appeared.
   Highstar jumped up into the tree, alongside Emeraldstar, Rustlestar, and Violetstar.
"Where is RiverClan?" Emeraldstar asked, after some time. "They should be here by now-"
Suddenly Streamstar burst into the clearing, eyes wide. RiverClan entered behind her, as she urgently leapt onto the tree.
"The water!" She howled, her voice urgent. "The water is gone!"
"What do you mean the water is gone?" The WindClan leader asked, his ears pulled back. "It couldn't of disappeared. And there is still water around the island."
"RiverClan camp is normally surrounded by a river. But it's all dried up. The fish are all dead or gone, and we won't have any prey to help us survive the coming leaf-fall." Streamstar replied, gazing wildly at the other leaders.
Highstar's face betrayed him. He obviously hadn't told the other clans about the cat named Eclipse who visited them.
Emeraldstar seemed to notice. "What is it Highstar? Has something similar happened to you?"
"No." Highstar replied. "But a couple moons ago a strange cat visited us. He warned us this was to happen, but he seemed crazy so we payed no notice." The leader looked down at his paws. "Now I see we were wrong."
"You should've at least told us about it." Howler, the ShadowClan deputy, called up. "At least incase you even had the tiniest thought he was telling the truth."
"I know. I was wrong." Admitted the ThunderClan leader. "But what are we to do about the water disappearing?"