Chapter Twenty-Three - Choices

"That is very interesting." Stated Highstar, once Cinderstorm has finished explaining to him. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"
   Cinderstorm looked at her paws. "I-I don't know why." She looked up. "I'm sorry."
   Highstar dipped his head. "At least do better next time. Now, we have to decide what to do now."
    Fallowstripe spoke up. "The other medicine cats already know, and I'm sure they will tell their leaders. It is a medicine cats duty." The leader nodded.
   "But we should be ready for anything. The fire could happen any moment. Our water could run out. And it is leaf-bare, we will still be low on prey."
   "I think that is a good idea." Nodded Highstar. The tom's tail flicked slightly. "I'll address the clan."
   The black-and-white tom padded onto the high-rock, the medicine cats following.
   "Let all cats old enough to catch their own food gather for a clan meeting." Highstar yowled, and cats quickly started to gather.
   "Our medicine cats have received a message from StarClan. It tells of a coming fire, and a battle we must win if we are to survive."
   The clan gasped. There hadn't been battle for ages.
   "We must be prepared." Continued Highstar, "for anything that may be thrown at us. Just be warned disaster could strike any moment."
   Once the meeting was over, Cats went back to their normal duties, but far more solemn then before.
   No one knew when the clans would meet their doom.