Chapter Ten - Prophecy

At the sight of something creeping out of the shadows, Cinderpaw's fur began to stand on end. "Who-who's there?" She stammered, taking steps back as the thing approached.
The creature stepped into the light, and Cinderpaw could make out the black and white fur of a badger. "Badger!" She screamed, running out of the den into the center of camp. Someone, someone please help!!"
The badger ran for Cinderpaw, then it burst into flames, the camp along with it. When the fire died down, all that remained were the cinders. Cinderpaw heard a noise behind her, and saw a flood of water rushing towards her. Then everything went black.
The young she-cat was left alone, as the blank canvas morphed into a starry forest. "Hello?" The apprentice called out, looking around. "Where am I?"
A starry tom walked up to her, a fiery tint to his fur. "Hello Cinderpaw. I'm Firestar, a leader of Thunderclan from the past." The young she-cat looked up at the ancient warrior, eyes full of curiosity and wonder.
"Is this StarClan? Am I dreaming?" Cinderpaw asked, glancing around the starry forest. Firestar nodded. "What about the badger? And the fire? The water? Why did I see that? What does it-"
"Hold on young one." The leader laughed. "All will be explained in time. As for the dream you saw, it is a prophecy. 'When the fire is over, the cinders remain. The water will fade, when the storm no longer reins. When the cat has triumphed, the water shall return.'"
Then the forest started to fade, and the apprentice called out. "What does that mean? Firestar? Wait!" Suddenly The she-cat woke up, breathing hard.
"Cinderpaw, are you okay?" She heard her mentor call, and Cinderpaw took in a deep breath. "Fallowstripe, there's something I need to tell you."