Chapter Fifteen - Water?

"Maybe we should leave?"
"Leave? But Firestar lead us here moons ago to save us from our old home being destroyed. Where else is there to go?"
"To the mountains. Maybe the cave cats can help us?"
"In leaf-fall? Please, it'll be freezing up there."
Cinderpaw listened as the leaders argued back and forth. She looked at Fallowstripe, who was intently listening as well.
   She didn't know what would happen. If all the water ran out, the prey would die. And if the prey died, they died. She knew that much.
   What could they do to stop it?
   Cinderpaw thought about what StarClan has told her. About the prophecy. She said it over and over again in her head, until it clicked.
"Fallowstripe. I think I know what the prophecy means." She whispered to her mentor.
"Hmm? What do you think?" Fallowstripe replied, it seemed she had blocked out everything but the leaders' talk.
"The prophecy. 'When the fire is over, the cinders remain. The water will fade, when the storm no longer reins. When the cat has triumphed, the water shall return.'" Quoted Cinderpaw. "Listen to that last part. "...The water shall return. And earlier it says the water will fade.
"This must be what StarClan means." The grey apprentice said, hoping it to be true. "But if so, then how can we bring back the water?"
"That's very clever. I never thought of that." Fallowstripe said, thinking about it. "But StarClan will reveal what they mean. When it's time."
"I sure hope so." Replied Cinderpaw, and she turned her attention back to the leaders.
"...I think we should stay put." Emeraldstar said, looking at Streamstar. "StarClan will tell us if we are supposed to leave."
"I agree." Nodded Highstar, and Rustlestar said the same.
   "Emeraldstar has a point." Violetstar nodded. "Nothing to get too upset about."
"That's because it's not your prey that's gone." Streamstar interjected. "Your whole way of life."
"We will help in any way we can." Rustlestar said, trying to calm the she-cat. "But for now I think we head back to our camps and consider it."
The other leaders agreed, and eventually Streamstar did too.
On the way back to camp, Cinderpaw couldn't help but wonder. How could they bring back the water?