Chapter Twenty-Two - Meaning

Cinderstorm knew what the prophecy meant.
   'When the fire is over, the cinders remain. The water will fade, when the storm no longer reins. When the cat has triumphed, the water shall return.'
   When the fire is over, the cinders remain. Hadn't she seen a fire over and over again in her dreams? That means there would be a fire at some point, but when? And cinders ... could that be her?
   The water will fade. The water was fading, and soon would be gone. It's obvious what that meant. It meant the water would be gone.
   When the storm no longer remains. Could that mean an actual storm? Or something other then that?
   When the cat has triumphed, the water will return. That meant some cat in the clans, or the clans together, would defeat something and bring the water back.
   "I know what it means." She whispered to herself. Cinderstorm knew what was going to happen.
   "Hmm? What are you talking about?" Fallowstripe said, opening her eyes.
   "The prophecy. I think I know what it means." Cinderstorm replied.
   "Prophecy?"
   "What prophecy?"
   "StarClan has spoken!"
   The medicine cats asked many questions once they heard what was going on. Cinderstorm did her best to answer.
   "Moons ago, StarClan sent me a prophecy. They told me that there would be a fire, and they water would fade away. Then the water would return when someone or something was beaten by the clans." Cinderstorm quickly explained, and then faced her mentor.
   "We have to tell Highstar."