Prolouge

Tick tock tick tock.

I can hear the sound of the clock. Every second seems so slow. It's already half past 3 in the morning and still no message popping out from our chat box.

Where the hell is she?

I've been waiting for like hours and hours and hours. She hasn't gone online for days and I'm dying to talk to her. I really miss her. Distance sucks and there's no other way to hear her voice or see her face. I'm broke and international calls are extremely expensive.

How could she forget about me?

It's been almost two weeks since the last time I saw her and it's killing me. Why did I have to leave and migrate to this stupid country? Now, I'm having problems with Andy 'cause apparently she's too busy with some stuff and forgot to go online and talk to her boyfriend. I mean, seriously, what is more important than talking to me? We've already talked about this. Texting me in the middle of the night just to wake me up so that we could do a video chat. I'm totally fine with that, but I guess she isn't.

Two days ago was supposed to be our first monthsary, but she didn't show up. I spent the rest of the night playing games online while waiting for her. Eventually, I realized she wouldn't go online so I went to bed.

Well, I'll be waiting all night until my eyes turn white. No way. That's not happening. If she wants to talk to me, then she'll have to wake me up if needed. I'm going to sleep 'cause tomorrow will be a big day for me and I don't really wanna feel sleepy.

Tomorrow, we're gonna be explorers roaming around and discovering new places.

Since we're new in this neighborhood, I still don't know where to go. I don't even know the name of our street. How am I gonna get home if I get lost?

Dad says there are a lot of parks here and we can stay, play and have a picnic there. Guess that won't be necessary since I have my laptop with me. Social life? I don't have that.

I turned off the laptop and put it on top of my small wooden table. I took my pillow and fixed it so that the cotton inside would bundle up, making my pillow soft and comfy. I rested my head and shut my eyes.

Everything will be okay tomorrow. I hope.

I dozed off easily.