Chapter 39

He's here.

I thought he won't come anymore. How could he have the guts to come when he let Laira wait for half an hour?

He approached the table and greeted Laira, "Hi Boss."

Laira didn't look at him in the face and she didn't even respond to him so I knew it was my turn to speak to save her from being question of the reason why she didn't speak. Probably it was because she was too shy and she was really nervous.

"Sorry we only have two plates. Maybe you should get your plate." I said, trying to make my voice as calm as possible. He nodded at me and headed for the cashier to get a plate.

I turned to Laira and held her knee. "Hey, you can do this. I'm here, remember?" She was staring at the french fries as if they were going to fly up to her mouth. She looked up at me and smiled. Yes, she is nervous. "Yeah. Thank you, Blake." I gave her a smile.

George came back, holding a plate in his hand. He took a seat in front of Laira.

"Sorry, I'm late. But I'm here now." He said calmly. "The chicken isn't hot anymore. Still they're delicious."

I eyed him and scanned him from head to chest. Since I couldn't see his lower body because the table was in the view. He didn't have piercings like most of the guys nowadays. I don't have piercings because it doesn't really look good. I don't like having some piercings and earrings on me. Those are for girls actually. I was born without my ears pierced and I'd like to keep it that way. George is one of those boys who don't have piercings.

"What's your name?" He broke my thoughts and I turned my head to him. I looked at him in the eye and I told him, "Guess." I laughed and Laira also laughed. I guess that lessened her nervousness. Her shoulders became much more relaxed than it was before.

He was trying to think of a name for me and started guessing.

"Toby?" He asked.

"No."

"Dan?"

"No!" It was Laira who said that and she was already red because of laughing. I was already laughing because George didn't have any idea who I was. All he knows is that I'm Laira's bestfriend because she mentioned me to George. She told him that she was going to bring her bestfriend and here I was, sitting next to her.

"I already told you his name." Laira said in a mocking tone. "Amnesia boy."

Laira and I laughed hysterically making the people around us look and see what was going on. We hushed down, but we still laughed silently.

"I don't remember." George said, a frown forming on his face. "Fine, I'll just call you Guess." He broke into a laugh. I just sat there, poker face. I had no idea where he got that name from.

Laira tapped my shoulder while laughing, "Slowpoke. Error 404 not found." They laughed even more because I wasn't responding. I was trying to take all of the information in and I just couldn't understand what they were talking about and why they were laughing. How did he come up with such a nickname for me without me noticing the origen of this freaking name?!

I sat there confused. I took a bite of my chicken.

"Go ahead and eat your chicken! Slowpoke." Laira teased me. It makes me feel great when Laira teases me. No matter how confused I am, when she's already the one teasing me, I can't help but join in the laughter they started.

My eyes were locked on George. I saw him gazing at Laira. All I wanted to do at that moment was to take his eyeballs out. Or maybe poke his eyes 'til they hurt badly! I know Laira's beautiful and all, but I don't want anyone else doing that to my love. She's mine. She will be.

When we finished eating, Laira said, "We need a plastic for the leftovers. We can take these home." I automatically stood up to get the plastic bag, but to my surprise, he also stood up. Before he could even move, I moved swiftly towards the counter. I sprinted and got there first. Ha! Take that George.

Score for Blake! Woohoo!

He just sat down and drank his coke. He took another sip and looked at Laira. I came back holding the plastic in my hand. I helped Laira put the leftovers inside the plastic. We put the whole bucket inside the plastic. Success!

"Let's go." Laira said.

"Okay." I followed her outside and so did George. Since George isn't from this place, he didn't know where we were actually going so he just followed us around.

While walking, he tried to take Laira's folder. I couldn't stop myself so I took him by the shoulder and pinched him so hard. That made him shout and cry in pain. I just didn't want him to do that. After realizing what I did, I joked about it.

"Don't rape her, man!" I joked, followed by a fake laugh and Laira just followed my lead so as not to be awkward.

They walked together and I was behind them. They were talking to each other but I tried not to listen to their conversation because I know that later, Laira will tell it to me. George was getting nearer and nearer. Laira went farther away from him. Making us serve in the street like cars in the highway.

We walked home. We parted ways with George. I was still the one who accompanied Laira home. When we got to her door, I gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"Tell me everything, okay?" I told her.

"Of course." She gave me a hug and grinned at me. "Thank you for this day, Blake. See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow. I love you." I watched as she entered the door.

At last. It's finished. What did they talk about? I needed to know. She's going to tell me later. Can't wait.