Chapter 18

Blake's P.O.V.

I picked her up at 8. She was wearing a black dress with a silver lining around her hips. He was wearing heels, but luckily I was still taller than her. She looks gorgeous. She wasn't wearing make-up, but she still looked pretty.

We made it to the ball. A lot of people were already inside. I told her that we should already go inside to find a seat or else, we won't have our place.

While the some teenagers started to dance to the music, we just sat there because she doesn't want to dance yet.

I got her some punch and she took a sip as she watched a young couple danced. Her eyes glimmered.

"What if my love for you is real?" I asked suddenly.

"What?!" She was surprised. Her eyes grew wide.

"I mean, what if I think of you more than bestfriends? What would you do?" I said in a serious tone.

She clenched her glass ad she started laughing nervously. "Tha-That's crazy, Blake. Tell me you're joking."

I laughed, "I'm joking! Hahaha. Of course, I love you as my bestfriend."

"I knew it." She gave me a weak smile and then took another sip.

"But what if I really am in love with you?" I asked again. I feel confused about my feelings. I don't know if she's going to like me back. What will her reaction be if she realizes that what I am trying to tell her is true?

"I-I don't know." She looked away from me and watched the dancing couples. The music turned into slow music. It was really perfect for dancing.

"No, seriously, what would you do if you found out that I am sercretly in love with you?" I insisted.

"I don't know. Stop it, Blake. Stop fooling around."

I laughed and told her, "Yeah, I guess I'm just fooling around. I love you, Laira." She looked at me. "As a friend." I sang.

She glared at me and then she looked away. And I started with the questions again.

"What if I do love you? More than bestfriends."

I could sense the uncomfortable feeling she's having so I took my word back again. How am I going to tell her that I really like her and it's not just as bestfriends?

"You know what, Blake? Just stop it! Get away from me. You're just playing jokes on me again!" She stood up and stormed away. How could she run with those heel, dammit?

I ran after her and tried to pull her arm, but she broke free. She started to cry and yelled, "You don't love me! You're a liar!"

I managed to stop her from running and I held her tight in my arms. Shw kept punching me and trying to break free. She was already crying.

"You don't love me!" She bawled. I held her and told her that I loved her.

"I don't believe you! You're just joking! You're playing games on me again! You are such a liar. Get away from me!"

Those words. They pierced through my heart. Breaking my heart into million pieces. I love her. I really do. And I want her to realize that. I want her to know how much I love her.

"I love you so much, Laira. I have never felt this way before. I didn't feel this way when I was with Andy." I cried. My tears were now falling down my cheeks as I say those words.

"No! I don't believe you! This is just some kind of joke you're playing on me." She broke free from my arms. She ran away.

I was left alone.

I can't believe she left me here. Why won't she believe me?

I took out my phone and texted her.

To : My Love Laira <3

Please Laira. We need to talk. I'm telling the truth. I love you so much!

She didn't reply. I waited for her reply, but I didn't receive a single message. I went home alone. This night was ruined because of me. Why did I have to ask her those questions?

I love her. I wasn't sure about my feelings but right now, after seeing her. After everything that happened, I realized that I really am in love with her. And nothing can ever change that.