Chapter 5

"Sean?"

"Blake?"

"Oh my god. It's really you. I'm glad to hear your voice, man! It's been a while."

Sean. My highschool bestfriend. We've been friends since first year. He was my first friend when I changed school. Until now, he still is. He perfectly understands me, but I can't really count on him that much when it comes to advices. He'll probably give me advices about girls and flirting with girls and trying to see girls' panties. Such a perv. Good thing I'm not.

I am a good boy.

"So have you got news for me?"

"About what, Blake?"

"About Andy, of course."

"Well, yeah, about that, I saw her yesterday with some boys. I swear they look horrible. They had piercings all over their faces. I suppose they belong to some bike gang. I guess you just lost your girl to some bike dude." He reported.

Ridiculous. She wouldn't do such a thing. Right?

"I-I don't know. Keep on watching her for me, okay? Don't take your eyes off her. She still ain't talking to me." I commanded. It's like hiring my own bestfriend to stalk my girlfriend who is apparently flirting with other guys already.

"Okay, dude. Well, I have to go now. Talk to you later."

He put down the phone.

I can't believe Andy could really do that.

Why should I do? Ahh, I know.

To: Laira Pollet

Hey. Are you doing something? Can we meet at the park? I'll bring chocolate and water.

After about half a minute, she replied.

From: Laira Pollet

Sure. See ya. ;)

I got dressed and took some chocolate out of the fridge. I took a bottle of qater from the cabinet and kept them inside my bag. I locked the door behind me and went directly to the park.

I saw her sitting under the acacia tree where we first met. She was wearing plain dark blue blouse and jeans. Her legs were crossed and she was watching a eight-year-old boy playing soccer with his dad.

"Hi." I approached her and giving her a cold smile.

"What happened to you?" She asked. "Did something happen?"

"I got a call from my bestfriend Sean. You know him right? I already told you about him."

She nodded.

"So yeah, he told me that my girlfriend was hanging out with some bike gang. I just can't believe she did that. Maybe that's one of the reasons she blocked me on facebook and on twitter. She even unfollowed me on tumblr. She actually cut our connection." I explained. My voice sounded a little weird. I know why.

I found myself crying. Crying in front of a girl. Great. Just great, Blake.

She looked at me and she started patting my back. She hugged me as I sobbed between her arms. She didn't say anything. There were no words to describe the feeling I'm feeling. She hugged me tight. "I'm here." She whispered in my ear.

I didn't imagine this would happen but it did. I never thought I would show my weak side to someone like her. She was all I have. I didn't have any friends here. I didn't talk to anyone else. If I had friends, there must be the ones I met in the internet. Social life isn't my thing. I was more of a computer guy who talks to people over the internet.

I was getting her blouse soaked to I tried real hard to stop crying. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I tried to say it between my sobs. What kind of man am I?

Good thing there weren't a lot of people in the park since it's only 10 in the morning. My family was at church.

She took my hand and told me to look at her in the eyes. I did as I was told.

"Everything will be alright, okay? I'm here and I won't leave you. You won't have to go through this alone." She gave me a huge smile and I can see her eyes smile together with her lips.

"Thank you." I whispered.

****************************

After crying at the park, she dragged me into window shopping. She said it was a great way to take my mind off of things.

I believe window shopping is throwing my manhood into the trash can, but it's worth a shot. She pulled my hand and we went into a store. Girly stuff. Of course, Laira's a girl.

She started finding dresses of all sorts of colors and designs. She even picked one with polka dots on it. She tried each and every one of them. I sat there commenting on every dress she shows me. I really hated the one which showed a big part of her back. I told her not to take that one. She bought three dresses, a pair of jeans, some heels and a long, brown belt with flowers on it. We walked out of the store carrying two big bags filled with clothes and accessories.

I don't really get fashion. All I wear are jeans and t-shirts. That's not really fashionable, is it?

We came to a halt in front of KFC. I could smell the chicken.

"Let's go eat! I love kfc!" She sprinted towards the cashier, leaving me behind. I just laughed at her. She looked so hungry. They say kentucky's fried chicken is finger licking good and I will try some of those delicious chicken.

While eating, she noticed that I was wearing a ring.

"What's that?" Her eyes were locked on my silver ring.

"A ring." I replied quickly, avoiding her gaze.

"You don't say." Her eyes narrowed and I couldn't help but notice.

"What?"

"I mean, is that from Andy?" She asked. I swear! She can read minds. Correction, she can easily read my mind.

Or not, it's really obvious since she knows I have a girlfriend. Well, had a girlfriend. There wasn't an official break up, but you get the point.

"Yeah." I was a bit embarassed for the stupid answer I gave her. "I was about to throw it away last night, but something told me I shouldn't."

"That may be the devil, my dear friend." She said seriously, as if it was really the devil. "You should throw it away. Move on! I told you, she won't talk to you anymore. She's not worth it!"

"Sadly, I'm still hoping she would talk to me and tell me the reason why she blocked me and cut our connection." I looked down on my chicken, I haven't really eaten much of it. "But maybe you're right. I should just move on and let her go."

"That's my boy!"

I smiled weakly. I tried to eat the rest of my chicken, but I lost my appetite. She continued to eat and I just watched her. I like watching her eat. Even when she's hungry, she still eats in a girly manner. Her pinky finger is always erected for some reason. Are all girls like that?