Chapter 16

I took a sip of coffee. My mug had a floral design. Laira sure loves flowers. She blooms just like one.

Her mom was at home while her dad was at work. I was sitting comfortably on their sofa with one hand holding the mug. Laira was pacing back and forth. What was bothering her? She's been walking and walking for 15 minutes.

"What's wrong?" I curiously asked her.

"Nothing." She mumbled.

"I don't believe you." I took another sip and crossed my legs and looked over to see if she noticed that I really didn't believe her.

She continued to pace back and forth without replying to what I said. Obviously, she was deep in thought. I couldn't seem to give myself a reason for her silence. They say that silence is a girl's loudest cry. What could possibly be bothering her at this moment? I didn't do anything did I?

"You know you can tell me anything right?" I told her.

"Yeah." She looked up and then looked down. Her gaze met mine and she spoke in a small voice, "Well, there's a ball coming up in our village and every teenager is invited. I wanted to come and I was thinking about my date. Who could possibly ask me out?"

I almost spilled my coffee. I looked at her with a weird look. "Seriously?" I laughed. I couldn't stop myself from laughing because that was a very silly reason to be pacing back and forth in the living room, making me dizzy while drinking the coffee her mom made for me. That reason didn't even cross my mind before she told me. My parents never mentioned anything about a ball in our village so I wasn't aware there was one. I thought balls were only held in school, that thing called Prom. Ugh, I hated it though.

"Go on. Keep laughing," She crossed her arms over her chest and looked away with an annoyed face. "If you're not interested in that ball then I guess you're not the right person I should be talking to about this."

I saw her made an expression I couldn't describe. It made me stop and I put the floral mug down and stood up. I walked slowly to where she was and put my arm around her waist. I pulled her closer to me and she was surprised about my sudden actions. She looked up at me. I was taller than her. Our eyes met. I leaned over and kissed her forehead and assured her, "You are beautiful and extremely nice. I'm sure someone will ask you to that ball and sooner or later you'll see yourself with a guy, dancing in that ball."

At least that made her smile.

*******************************************

I definitely have to ask her out to that ball. I can't let anyone take her. She's mine. Wow, since when did I became possessive? I know I'm not much of a dancing type of guy, but I saw it in her eyes. The sadness that was killing her. She wanted to go to that ball so badly and I will make sure I'm the one whose taking her to that ball.

How am I going to ask her out?

I need help and the first person that came to my mind was Sean. That was a great idea and since I haven't talked to him for about two weeks, I'll take this opportunity to talk to him.

I took out my laptop and opened it. I now have a password: LAIRABLAKE. Sounds good right? I like it. Do you? He's online so I messaged him at once.

Me: Sean, my man!

Sean: Dude! How are you? It's been a while.

Me: I'm great.

Sean: So what's up? How are things going?

Me: Well, you see there's this ball..

Sean: You're going to the ball?! Wow, that's new.

Me: I was thinking of taking Laira to that ball and I couldn't think of any ideas to ask her out. I need help.

Sean: Well, you've come to the right person to give you advices on girls.

Me: I don't need the pervert Sean right now, okay?

Sean: Hahahahaha. Got it. So here's what you have to do..

I spent the whole evening talkiing to him and planning the best ball proposal ever made. This has to be a good one because I want to impress Laira. Her "Yes" is a big thing to me. This is a plan to make her happy! She seemed so cold these past days because of that ball and I'm gonna make sure she attends that ball with a handsome date: ME.