Chapter 19

Laira's P.O.V.

I can't believe this. I'm so confused. I don't know if I'm going to believe Blake. Yes, I feel the same way about him and I really want to believe he loved me, too. But what if he's just joking again. What if he just loves me as his bestfriend and not anymore than that? This feeling is killing me and I don't like this feeling. I went inside my room and took off my heels. My feet were sore because I ran with my heels stuck to my feet so they became very tired.

I sobbed like a little baby crying on my bed. My face was buried in my pillow. Good thing my parents weren't home because if they were, they'd ask many questions and I won't be able to answer them. I don't want them to know about what's happening to me. To us. To Blake.

I received a text from Blake. He said he loved me so much. I don't believe him. I find it so hard to believe him after what he did. He asked me over and over again then he just took them back. He told me those were just joke. He was only joking. I'm so depressed right now. I can't think of anything else but him. I can't get him off my mind.

I heard a knock on the door. Must be my parents. I must clean my face up. I shouldn't be seen like this. I went to the bathroom to wash my face. My eyes were red, but I guess I could make up a story like I was already sleeping.

I made my way through the halls and I found myself opening the front door for my parents. I greeted them, "Hey. I was already sleeping."

"Great. Go to sleep. We can handle ourselves." My dad instructed me.

I went up to my room and found 3 new messages in my phone. All from Blake.

"We need to talk, Laira."

"Please talk to me."

"Laira, I'm so sorry. I really am. I need you. And I love you."

I took the courage to text him back.

Me: Why did you lie to me?

Him: I'm sorry I lied to you.

Me: You don't love me.

Him: Yes, I do. It's the truth. I really love you.

Me: No, you don't. All of this is just a lie. You played your little game on me.

Him: The truth is love you. I love you so much. I don't even know when I started to fall in love with you. I just felt different.

Me: Different? Maybe it's because you were lying. That's why you feel that way. You're guilty.

Him: No, I felt different because I got jealous and envious and I felt like I'm in love with my bestfriend.

Me: How am I supposed to believe that?

Him: Because I felt jealous when you were talking to Jeff. I pretended to be happy for the two of you even though I'm dying deep inside. I always wanted your attention. I always wanted to be by your side. I get nervous when you're around. Your kisses make me feel the butterflies in my stomach. You make my day complete. This is not just love for bestfriends. This is something more.

Me: What do you mean?

Him: I love you more than bestfriends. I was afraid to tell you because I didn't want to lose you. I didn't know what your reaction would be.

Me: You should have told me directly. You played jokes on me.

Him: I tried to but I, too, was so confused. I didn't know what I was feeling. I didn't know if you also had feelings for me. I just don't want to lose you.

Me: Do you really love me?

Him: I love you more than bestfriends, Laira. And if you gave me a chance, I can show you my love and let you see that I really am in love with you.

Me: I'll think about it.

Him: Don't think about it! Just say yes! Hahaha. Will you be my girlfriend?

Me: I told you I'll think about it. You're so impatient, Blake.

Him: Don't you love me?

Me: Hmmm...

Him: C'mon, please? Hahaha answer my question! Will you be my girlfriend?

Me: .....

Him: Will you please be my girlfriend, Laira my love?

Me: I love you so much, Blake, and yes, I want to be your girlfriend!

Him: I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!

He really does love me. I felt so happy. And at the same time, relieved that he isn't joking. I love him so much. I just love him for who he is. I wanted him to show me his love but I guess he was just afraid to.

And now, my bestfriend is my boyfriend.