Chapter 33

I gulped nerviously. I haven't been this nervous since the day I asked her to the ball. Her father was right in front of me. My throat dried up and words won't come out of my mouth. I wanted to get angry at him, but I don't want to make a bad impression.

If I wanted to make him see that I am the perfect guy for Laira, I should do everything to please her father. Even if it means getting over this nervous feeling when he's around.

His eyes were locked on mine and he pursed his lips as he stared at me.

"Good morning, sir!" I greeted, forcing a smile.

"What do you want? It's 7 in the morning. She's sleeping."

"I wanted to-" Should I tell him I want to see her? Or should I take this opportunity to talk to him? "Talk to you, sir." I finished.

"Come in. Let's have a little morning chat in the living room." He said in a deep tone. It was so deep that it echoed once more.

I stepped inside the house, looking around. There was something different in that house. Something made me uncomfortable. Maybe it was the aura of the father. I don't know. Or maybe they rearranged the house.

Yes, that's it. They rearranged the house. The small table wasn't beside the sofa anymore. It was on the left side of the television. The old TV wasn't there anymore. They bought a new one. It was bigger and better. Movies can be watched clearer. They also painted the walls blue which made it look as if the whole living room was under the sea. If they drew fishes and seaweed on the walls, then it would really look like they were living under the sea.

Her dad montioned me to take a seat on the sofa. He went to the kitchen to make coffee. At least he's hospitable. He came back with two cups of coffee on top of a tray. He held the tray as if he worked in a restaurant.

He put the tray down. He sat down and took his cup. He took a sip of coffee and then turned to me. His eyes were a bit red. Obviously, he has just woken up.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked me.

"I wanted you to know that I will do anything to make you see that I am worth it to be Laira's boyfriend." I started. "I'm not rich or anything, but I swear that I am the one who loves your daughter the most."

"I see." His voice was calm. His hand went through his black hair. I can see now where Laira got her eyes.

That's the only thing he's gonna say? But to my surprise, he added more, "Then prove it. I've been watching you but I haven't said anything yet."

"I will. I will make her happy."

"Make sure of it. Make her say yes to you again." He told me. His cup was almost empty and mine was still 3/4 full. He's a fast coffee drinker.

"Dad? Blake?" My head turned to see a sleepy Laira in pajamas. She's awake. "What are you doing here?"

"He came to see you." Her dad answered. I didn't say anything about that to him. That my real reason was to see her. It was him who said that, not me.

He gave me the "go on and accompany her to her room" look so I stood up and went closer to her.

"C'mon. It's too early for you to be up." I took her hand and together we walkes to her room. I told her to lie down and I lay down beside her. I put my arm around her and whispered, "I love you and no matter what happens, I will always do. 'Til the day you say yes to me, I shall be here courting you."

She giggled and held my hand. She gave my hand a tight squeeze. I didn't notice myself fall asleep. It was such a comfortable position having her beside me and since I woke up early, I easily fell asleep.

************************************************************

I woke up from a deep slumber only to find her out of bed. I sat down and rubbed my forehead because my eyesight was so blurry. I ran my fingers through my curly hair. I glanced to the left and saw her sitting down in front of the laptop. I figured she was already chatting with George.

My guess was correct.

She was talking to him. Early in the morning. She was surprised to see me standing behind her back.

"Oh, you're already awake."

"Oh yes, I'm awake." I said, making it look obvious. She laughed a little and turned her head to the screen once more. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You were snoring and I know you're tired. We slept late last night and you woke up too early. I let you sleep." I was snoring? Oh my god. That's so embarassing. My cheeks turned red because of embarassment.

"Don't be embarassed. I like it when you snore. It makes you look cute." She giggled.

"What are you guys talking about?" I said, changing the topic. My cheeks were too red to handle and I just had to change the topic.

"He says that he'll be coming here in March. He wants to see me."

"What?! No! Tell him he can't see you." I blurted out before I could stop myself. I don't want that nigga to be around her.

"Just for once? I'll take you with me. Don't worry. I won't be alone with him. And besides, I'm going to talk to him seriously about this feeling he has for me."

I was silenced by what she said. "Okay. But just this once, okay?"

"Yeah."

"I hope we don't see that nigga on the street, though."

We laughed and I tickled her. First, I poked her ear making her feel a shiver down her spine. The next was her tummy and the sides. I poked her until she was already laughing hysterically. We both fell on the floor. I held her both hands and pinned her on the floor. My eyes were locked on hers. We were there on the floor, lying face-to-face.

I gave her a quick kiss on the cheeks which made her blush.

I helped her to her feet and cleaned her jammies. George didn't reply anymore so she just turned the laptop off without saying goodbye. We went out of the room and straight to the dining room. Her mom was already cooking breakfast.

Her mom gave me a warm smile and told us to take a seat because the food was almost done. Her father already left for church because they had some meeting.

I was about to ask if they had my favorite cereal but instead, I remained silent. Her mom was a great cook and I really wanted to taste her delicious meals. I would definitely sacrifice my favorite Miel Pops for one of her dishes. Her dad is also a great cook. And of course, Laira is, too.

She served us her egg omelet mixed with bacon. Looks delicious!

"Dig in!" she said in a sweet voice.

I ate carefully so as not to make the table dirty. After eating, I helped her mom clean up in the kitchen while she took a bath. I waited for her in the living room. When she came, I offered her my arm and she gladly held on to it. We waved goodbye to her mom and stepped out of the house.

While we were walking down the street, her phone rang. When she looked at the caller's ID, it was Michael. Please don't answer it, I thought. I hope she doesn't answer that phone call. Luckily, she rejected the call and looked at me to see my expression. She laughed at my face for feeling so nervous.

"You thought I was going to answer it, didn't you?" she asked with a mocking tone.

"Don't answer his calls, please? Just talk to me if you want to hear a very sexy voice." I joked.

I could sing her a song if she wanted to. I'm here! Just for her. She doesn't need some nigga to do a boyfriend's job. I'm supposed to be the one doing that since I shall be her boyfriend and not that nigga. Yes, I will make sure she says yes to me instead of him.

"I don't need your sexy voice. Mine is way sexier than yours"

We bother laughed and enjoyed each other's company. I'm lucky to be with her right now. I can't wait for the day she becomes my girlfriend again.