Chapter 41

Laira's P.O.V.

Ahhh. It's nice to have a warm bath. It's cold outside. The weather changes are unbelievable. The day before, it was so hot and now, it's so cold. Since it's cold, a nice warm bath is just perfect. I tiptoed to my bed because I lost my slippers. The floor is freezing. If I stood there for too long without any slippers on, my feet would definitely turn into ice. Well, not really.

I picked out the best casual clothes I have. Maybe they're not really the best ones, but they're decent. Blake asked me out on a date. He wanted to show me something. He doesn't want to tell me, though. It was a surprise and I don't have a single clue about that.

I just love his surprises. He makes me feel so loved and happy. He amazes me so much that I'm falling for him over and over again.

My mom is in the kitchen, cooking lunch. Her friends are coming over and it's a great opportunity for her to have some fun time with her friends while I have a date with the best man I have ever met in my entire life.

After I have finished getting dressed, I passed by the kitchen to let her know that I was going.

"Mom, I'm going now. See you later. Have fun with you friends!" I said, waving.

"Have fun with him. Don't forget to smile!" She grinned at me. She had a look in her eyes that I don't really see in her everyday. She must know something about this surprise.

I went out and started walking to the nearest restaurant. Blake picked the perfect restaurant since the food there is so delicious and it's not that expensive either. This lunch date is making me nervous especially about that surprise.

I opened the door and stepped in. I looked around to find him. There were a lot of people there. It was already full. I remembered that he said he already reserved us a seat so I approached the front desk.

"A table under the name of Blake Parker."

"There's no table reserved by Mr. Parker, ma'am." He replied, searching for Blake's name on the computer.

"What do you mean? Try checking it again. He said that there was already a reserved table."

He checked again, but there really wasn't any reservations under his name.

"What's your name, ma'am?" He asked.

"Laira Stone."

"Ahh yes. Of course, there's a table reserved under the name of your father. Please, follow me."

Dad? There must be some mistake here. I'm having lunch with Blake. I thought Dad was in his office. He wasn't on leave today since he has a lot of work to do. Maybe this is a meeting he had to attend to. I didn't say anything, but instead, I followed him. I looked around for any sign of my father and Blake. They weren't there.

"Here it is Ms. Stone." He pointed to the big table near the wall.

I sat down and thought about it for a moment. What was happening? Did Blake ask dad to reserve a table for us? I wondered.

And then I saw it.

Blake entered wearing a blue polo with a necktie. His black pants were perfectly ironed and his hair was curly as usual. He looked so sophiaticated in his attire. He was followed by a tall man with dark brown eyes. His hair was combed, which was unusual. It was my father.

They headed towards me. I caught Blake's eye. He beamed at me and that made me have a big smile on my face. I looked at my dad and he also had a smile on his face.

"Hey there, my love." He greeted me, giving me a kiss on the cheek whichafe me blush. I hope my dad didn't see that because that would be so embarrasing and he'll tease me 'til we get home.