Chapter 8

Having a bestfriend of the opposite sex definitely feels weird, but at the same time, great! It's totally different from having a bestfriend of the same sex. You actually get to learn about the point of view of the opposite sex about problems and the things around us. It isn't usual for me to go shopping just to distract myself.

When I was still in Canada with Sean, we used to play Frozen Throne to escape from reality. I used to play basketball or soccer whenever I feel down. I have a lot of male friends. I didn't use to hang out with girls that much.

My life changed when I met her, my bestfriend. It changed my whole world. She changed me. I became a better person. I understood her, being a girl and I also understand a boy's feeling because practically, I am a boy.

Being the man in this friendship means protecting her like a father, loving her more than a lover, taking care of her like a mother, and of course be there for her like a big brother. I won't ever let anything bad happen to her.

I'm so lucky to be one of those guys who have a girl bestfriend. I have Laira.

Speaking of Laira? Where is she?

She hasn't texted me yet. Maybe she's out. Or maybe she's gone shopping again.

I, on the other hand, am at home. I'm stuck here. My parents are out and they left me in charge of my sister. My sister's alreay thirteen! She can handle herself!

I made myself comfortable under my blanket. My chat box is open. I hoping for a message.

She won't talk to you. Of course. She forgot about me, remember?

The sad thought made my stomach turn.

I went online on facebook and searched for Laira's name. I opened the chat box and began typing some words.

Me: Laira, are you home?

Typing...

Laira: Yeah, why?

Me: Nothing. I'm stuck here at home with Rose. I can't think of anything to do.

Laira: Hahaha. Try feeding your cat.

Me: We don't have a cat.

Laira: How about a dog?

Me: We don't have a dog.

Laira: How about......

Me: Laira! We don't have any animals.

Laira: Just kiddin'. I want to see your face.

Me: My gorgeous and handsome face.

Laira: No, your horse face.

Am I really that ugly and hideous? Not to mention my really big nose and my chin looks like crumpled paper. My eyes's aren't big either. They're not even the same in size. I think my left one is bigger than my right. My hair is curly, pretty much like small curls binded together.

What is this a story of the Beauty and the Beast? Of course not. I'm a handsome prince. Very very handsome.

As soon as my parents arrived home, I asked permission to hang out with Laira at her place. My parents agreed since they know that Laira is my bestfriend, totally safe.

On my way to her house, I stopped by a store to buy toblerone since it doesn't cost much. Just to surprise her. Laira loves chocolate, but without water, I am not allowing her to take one bite.

I rang the doorbell and fixed my shirt. An iron could really run after me right now. The door opened and I quickly climbed up the stairs. Mayhap she would be in her bed. She's too lazy to get up when there's no school.

I knew it. She wasn't in the living. She was in her room. In her bed. Under her blankets.

"Hey, bestfriend." I greeted her, hugging her from the back.

I lat down beside her and she put her arms around me, giving me a tight squeeze.

"You didn't have to bother coming here."

"I wanted to." I told her.

We just lay there side by side on her bed staring at the ceiling and admiring the designs. It had a big flower in the middle with vines at the sides making it look like the sun.

"What if I kissed you?" I asked suddenly.

"I beg your pardon?" Her eyes grew wider.

"What if I kissed you? What would you do?"

"I-I don't know."

She stood up and went out of the room. I followed her into the kitchen. She drank water!

"You can't do that." She laughed. "You can't even kiss a girl!"

"Hey, missy, I already had my first kiss. You're the one who doesn't have a first kiss. What if I kissed you? What would happen?" I dared her.

She ran around the house and I tried to catch her. We're two kids running around the house like Tom and Jerry. The sofa was already messy. Her pillows fell down to the floor. Good thing the vase didn't fall and break.

I chased her playfully while she giggled and laughed and smiled really wide. I love that smile.

Aha!

I trapped her on the wall.

"Gotcha." I whispered slowly in her ear making her tense.

Her hands were pinned to the wall. I looked at her in the eyes. Her eyes were begging me not to kiss her. I held her hands to the wall, not letting her escape. This is it.

There's no backing out now.

Should I do it? Or should I not?