Chapter 37

"Dear Diary," I wrote. Yes, I am a boy. Any problems? Having a diary is not only for girls. What about The Diary of A Wimpy Kid? He's a boy, right? I'm not saying I'm a wimpy kid. I enjoy doing this. Since we broke up, I have kept this diary. Diaries are for babies. Let's rename it.

So I have this journal and today, this is what I wrote.

"People say that love is so powerful. You can do incredible and extraordinary things just for love. Even the things you didn't think you could do.

"I never thought I could be this crazy in love. In my whole life, this is the best feeling I've ever had. To be in love with a girl named Laira. Sadly, at the moment, she's not officially mine due to some circumstances. There's this tiny hindrance. Her father. And then there comes another one that was added recently. His name is George. Anther suitor of my girl. Even though he's far away, I still can't help but think about the things he might do while he's here. He's coming for a visit.

"He requested something very important to which Laira agreed. He wanted to see her and take her out on a date. Well, not really a date date. Let's just say a friendly date. Would it still be a friendly date? I mean, he has feelings for Laira. He treats her more than a friend, making this date a bit unusual. Laira told me that I could come. I will. I will not let him put a single lip on any part of Laira's body. This is somehow a bodyguard's job.

"No, this is my job. Though, I shouldn't look at George with evil eyes. I'll treat him kindly, but still, I won't let him carry her things nor put his arm around her while walking or eating or sitting down.

"Tomorrow's the day and I still don't know how to control myself. I admit it. I'm nervous. Nervous because we don't have any idea about the things that might happen tomorrow. Wish me good luck.

"-Blake." I ended with my name, of course.

I texted Laira after writing in my journal, checking if she's still awake. I know she'll reply if she is. If not, then I'm going to bed 'cause she's probably asleep already.

To: My Love Laira <3

You still awake? Well, if not, good night my love. Sweetdreams. See you tomorrow. Good luck :) Pick you up at 7:20, okay? I love you.

Seconds later, my phone rang. He was calling me. Wow, this was unusual so I picked up the phone and answered her call immediately.

Her: Blake?

Me: I'm here.

Her: ...

Me: What's the matter, love?

Her: I-I'm nervous.

Me: Me too. Don't worry. Everything's gonna be alright. It'll just be a few hours and that's it. I'll be there so you don't have to worry too much.

Her: Thank you.

Me: No problem. I told you I'll always be here for you no matter what. I love you.

Her: Good night, Blake.

Me: Good night, my love. And it's really nice to hear your voice. I just love your sweet voice.

Her: See you tomorrow.

Me: Can't wait to see you.

She hung up. I stared at the ceiling and got disappointed. What happened to the ceiling? The painted started to come off. I had to fix that in the morning. Or maybe the next morning. Or maybe when I'm not lazy anymore.

I extended my arm to the far left side of my bed just to find my pillow. Yes, I found it already. I grabbed it and hugged it so tight. I buried my face into it. My pillow was so soft that I dozed off in just a few minutes. Maybe it was because I was already tired and sleepy.

********************************

Beep beep beep.

My alarm woke me up at 6:30am. I turned it off and searched for my phone under my pillow. I started to panic when my hand wasn't able to feel my phone. I quickly stood up and turned on the lights. My phone must have fallen while I was sleeping. I looked under my bed and found it lying on the floor. Good thing it had a screen protector. It didn't break. It didn't even get a single scratch. Nice.

I texted Laira, like I usually do. It was part of my morning. My morning wouldn't be complete if I didn't sens her a good morning text.

To: My Love Laira <3

Good morning, my queen! Are you ready to see your king? Eat your breakfast :) See you later. I love you.

The thought of her smiling when she reads than brought a smile to my face. If someone peeps through my window and sees me like this, he will laugh at me for smiling like an idiot at 6:30 in the morning.

I ate my breakfast and got ready for school. I made my hair look absolutely stylish, making me look handsome. I wore my bonnet, leaving some of my black curly hair visible. I really look cute. I praise myself, I know. I wore the superman jacket Laira gave me for my birthday and the black shoes she also gave my the year after.

All set.

I waved goodbye to my sister and to my mom before exiting the house and running down the stairs so that I won't be late. I sprinted towards her house and stopped right in front of their door.

After a while, she came out wearing a blue green top and jeans. He was carrying her bag and her violet folder. I took her folder and carried it for her. We walked to school together. She was telling me stories about her father coming into the kitchen and not knowing what he came there for.

I hope this day will end up fine. I hope.