||40||

Isabelle folded her arms over her chest, adorning her body was the newly improved prototype suit Tony had given her as a proper initiation to the Avengers. The glass masking her face, lit up on the inside with an array of different technical assets; equipped with a compass that allowed her to know which direction she was facing at all times,  auto-sequencing data as her head moved to look at buildings, streets, and cars. Off to the side, two bars flickered, a title in small writing informing her that these were the energy levels balancing in her chest by the power core that hummed carefully. She had yet to get used to the constant flashes of information crossing her vision, and also get used to reading it whilst doing other things. 

Lagos was dense with people, highly populated with citizens, tourists, homeless, businessmen, the likes. Most of all it was seemingly peaceful if one could take away the looming reality of Rumlow and his whole hydra team backing him as he sweeps through the country and the city. Isabelle was brought to reality, taken away from the peacefulness, the chatter, the city sounds and the sounds of innocent city-goers. 

"All right, what do you see?" Steve's voice had been the very thing that ripped Isabelle from the content stare she shared with the city streets below her. On the rooftop beside her stood Sam, he too was looking over the streets below in search for suspicious activity. "Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda's voice filled Isabelle's ears through the intercoms. "There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" Steve prompted, he stood in his suit, overlooking the streets from a hotel room perspective. 

"Cameras." Wanda answered, the cap on her head pulled down so that she could keep her identity hidden given that she along with just about every other Avengers' face had been plastered all over media since Sokovia a year ago. "Both cross streets are one-way." Steve informed, his eyes grazing over the intersection below with the flow of cars. "So compromised escape routes." 

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out." Steve states, his eyes carefully trained on the motives of the civilians below. "Bad guys have no regard for casualties and mess - I thought you - of all people - would've realized that by now since you've fought off so many." Isabelle scoffed, earning a chuckle from Sam. "I could get used to her on missions." His chuckle died down, giving the teenage girl just a roof away a wave. 

Once the two had their little moment, Steve continued. It was strange to see how quickly and effectively Steve switched on professional 'superhero mode' on a mission compared to his lightheartedness outside of saving the world and the people in it. It was also hard for Isabelle to believe that this was the same man who thought it would be funny to crash her date with Peter given his serious tone and demeanor. "You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

With Steve's words everyone's eyes, in their different positions of advantage turned to spot the Range Rover he had pointed out. "Yeah, the red one? It's cute." Wanda deadpanned, earning approving snickers from Isabelle and Sam. "It's also bulletproof, which means private security... which means more guns... which means more headaches for somebody. Probably Us." Natasha's voice finally filled the intercom, she too, sat idly in the street below with Wanda as the other three remained at a higher advantage point.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda retorted dryly, the response made Isabelle crack a smile she was glad no one could see. Otherwise, she'd definitely be scolded for not taking the mission seriously. Being trained by Tony Stark was guaranteed that she'd never take anything seriously again. "Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Natasha advised. 

Out the corner of Isabelle's eye, she could see Sam moving forward toward the edge of the building, "anybody ever tell you, you're a little paranoid?" Isabelle mimicked his movements on the rooftop she stood on, walking forward to the edge. "Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Natasha quipped back, a slight smirk pulling on her lips.