Chapter 2

Katniss and I went out into the woods.
She took me to the lake, and we went for a swim, Katniss spent the whole day teaching me how to swim, and by the end of the day I could swim, well a bit anyway.
I could stay above water, that's the main thing, right?
We got out around 4 and lay beside the lake, I'd taken a blanket so I spread it out, I lay down first and Katniss put her head on my chest, I wrapped my arms round her, her ear was right on my heartbeat, I think the sound soothed her.

"I love you" she whispered.

"I love you too Katniss" I said stroking her hair, which was still damp from swimming.
I heard a twig snap and turned my head around in the direction, I didn't see anything. Katniss remained oblivious to the sound.

Katniss is perfect, I can't believe she loves me, she actually loves me. She's the best thing that ever happened to me.

"Can we go home now?" She asks breaking my train of thoughts

"Yeah, come on" I say getting up and extending my arm towards her, the woods are very silent, so silent that I can hear the rustling of a rabbit or a squirrel we've probably disturbed.
"Let's go"

*later that night*

It was late, Katniss had went to bed early, and now, around 11pm she was thrashing and squirming around the bed. I peered over at her, she was having another nightmare.
"Katniss" I said, trying to wake her, to save her from the hell that haunts her at night.

"No" she mumbled, not at me, but at whatever was happening in her nightmare.
"No, Prim don't"

Oh god, if Katniss is dreaming about Prim it won't be nice, I'm about to shake her to wake her up when she starts screaming

"Prim! Prim!" And then she's awake

I wrapped my arms around her.
But that's when the tears start to fall. Slowly at first, but then she really starts to cry, I wrap my arms tighter around her and bring her head to my heart, so she can hear my heartbeat. It seems to calm her down slightly for a second.

I feel her tears, cold on my bare skin. I hate seeing her like this, I wish I could do something, anything, to make it all better, seeing her so upset stresses me out.

5 minutes later she whispers "you're stressed, your heartbeat has gotten faster" I try to calm down, but she's still crying, it must work because a couple of minutes later she whispers "that's better" her crying was quieter, I stroke her hair.

Half an hour later she stops crying, "I'm going to wash my face, probably all blotchy" she whispers, getting up and padding softly to the bathroom. I hear the water running and before I know it I hear the creak of the door and she slowly climbs back into bed, she puts her head on my chest as my arm slowly closes round her, pulling her closer I whisper in her ear
"Are you okay now?"
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" she insists throwing her arm across my chest beside her head.
"I love you" I told her
"I love you too, forever and always" she mumbles

I feel her body gently start to relax as she falls asleep, eventually I fall asleep too.

I wake up, Katniss is still asleep, all that crying must of taken it out of her. I crane my head to the side and look at the alarm clock, it's 10am.

"Morning" I hear Katniss mumble she stretches and yawns "What time is it?" She asks

"It's 10pm, want me to make you breakfast?"

"Sure, let's go" she replies getting up.