Chapter 4

We arrived at the bakery. Mollie was kneading the dough, and I think Lori was on his break. I don't know where Charlie is though

"Lori went home early, he didn't think you'd come in" Mollie said without looking up.
"He has to be the worst employee ever, I'll have to fire him, he's never here when he says up he is" I told her, "Where's Charlie?"

"He's out back putting the cake tins in the oven" she replied, "I'll go find him" I said, leaving Katniss with Mollie.

"Hey mollie" I heard Katniss say
"Katniss! It's great to see you" Mollie exclaimed

I swung open the door and Charlie just put the last tin in the oven "Hi Charlie" I said
"Oh, hey Peeta" he replied looking up from the job he'd just finished "Lori's been slacking again"
"Yeah Mollie was telling me, what should I do with him?" I asked
"Well you pay him and he's wasting your money, so I'd sack him" Charlie suggested
"I know, I really should but I kind of feel bad"
"Peeta, don't worry about him, he needs a job that has a boss that isn't as nice as you, someone who doesn't care about sacking him, do y'know what I mean?"
I nodded, Lori was known for slacking, and I really can't afford to be paying for someone who constantly slacks.
"I think I will fire him, just don't tell him" I informed Charlie
"I won't, you know I won't, he'll be pretty pissed though"
"I guess I'll have to deal with that when it comes to it"

I hear the bell at the front door and go out to greet the customer

After dealing with the costumer I sort out the employees checks for the week, next week I'll only have 2 to write
"I'm going to decorate cakes, do you want to help?" I asked Katniss
"You must be joking, but I'll watch" she replied laughing.
"Come on then" I said taking her to the icing station.

A few hours later I had several decorated cakes, including someone's wedding cake and a whole batch of cupcakes iced and decorated.

I had one last cupcake to ice and I'd already decided it was going to be for Katniss. What would she like? I couldn't ask her I wanted it to be a surprise, and she wasn't even paying attention to the cakes anyway, she was watching me.

I finally decided doing the outside of the cupcake a deep red, and have it gradually become white in the centre, first red, then pink, then white.

"For you" I said handing her the cupcake
"Oh Peeta, you didn't have to" she said looking at the cake
"Take it, enjoy it" I said
"We can share it?" She questioned
"Have it" I insisted
"Fine"

Before she took a bite she dipped her little finger in the icing and place it on my nose. "Sweet things need to be decorated" she said smiling
"I guess you're right" I said blobbing a bit of icing on her nose.
"Hey!" She exclaimed
"Sweet things need to be decorated" I said quickly.
She leaned in and kissed me. It wasn't a quick kiss but it wasn't a long kiss either.
She pulled out and wiped the icing off her nose. I quickly did the same, she started munching on her cupcake, I heard the swing of the door open, forcefully hitting the wall. I got up to see what this was all about

"Dude, you're not allowed behind the checkout" Mollie said.
"I won't be behind it for long, I'm going in a minute" I heard Lori whisper. "Who's here just you and Charlie right?
"Well actually - wait, Lori, that's stealing, put it back" Mollie exclaimed
"Well who's going to stop me? You?" He asked laughing.
"Actually I will" I told him.
"Oh, hi Peeta, I wasn't expecting you here"
"Clearly" I said. "Put the money back"
He put the money back in the till. "Why were you stealing it anyway?" I asked
"Dude I have a family"
"Yes, most people do, but you don't live with yours, and your mom works." Katniss chirped in
"Thanks" I muttered so only she could hear it
"Yeah, well at least my sisters not dead" Katniss froze. Mollie froze. Charlie froze. But I was fuming.

"RIGHT LORI, THIS IS HOW IT IS! YOU'RE FIRED AND I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU STEP ONE FOOT INSIDE THIS BAKERY I WILL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF. AND IM NOT GOING TO PAY YOU EITHER, SO GET OUT" I yelled.
"WELL WHAT IF I NEED SOMETHING FROM THE BAKERY?" He yelled back
"GET YOUR SISTER TO DO IT"
He reluctantly left, now I didn't feel bad about firing him.

"If you guys want to go do the deliveries now you can go home straight after, I'm going to close up early, I'll still pay you for the whole day."
"Okay" Mollie answered

Mollie and Charlie left with the cakes from earlier to do the deliveries which only took around 20 minutes to do. The door closed behind them and I put up the closed sign.
I turned to Katniss, "Are you okay?" I asked walking over to her and wrapped my arms around her.
"Yeah" she said burying her face into my chest, I could tell she was crying slightly so I just stroked her hair. 10 minutes later she looked up.

"Peeta, can we go home now?" She asked wiping her eyes.
"Sure, lets go"
I took her hand as we walked out of the bakery.