Chapter 33

Was it just this morning? Was it just 12 hours ago? 12 hours since I was laying in bed beside Katniss, alive and well. I stared down the drop, just making out Johanna's red car, 70 feet, that's what they told me and Liz when we got to the scene. There were barriers put up, stopping us from doing something I suppose. they were sending in hovercrafts, only because no one could get down that far, it was hard to believe that Katniss was somehow in that crumpled wreck if a car, I had to keep reminding myself that Johanna was in the car too, which is why Liz was here, frightened as well, but I couldn't concentrate on johanna. I stayed in the same spot, staring at the wreckage. They got both of them out of the car and were checking for pulse.

Some guys came up in an incredibly small hovercraft, they told me that a familiar voice might wake Katniss, I clambered into the small hovercraft, Johanna was awake and being lifted into another hovercraft just as I was getting out of mine, about 10 feet away from Katniss. As soon as I saw Katniss I started to cry, she was bleeding from the spot just above her right eyebrow, from her nose, and from some. Cut somewhere on her collarbone. Her right wrist and left knee were bent in. Ways I couldn't have thought possible. She was barely recognisable, how could it have been 45 minutes since I last seen her, healthy and laughing.

I knelt down beside her. "Katniss, can you hear me?" I asked
I stroked her hair gently. "I love you" I whispered. "Forever and always"
She moaned. "Katniss?" I whispered. No reply.
I gently pressed my lips to hers. Her grey eyes flicked open.
"Peeta?"
"It's okay, it's okay. I'm here" I said
"What happened?" She asked groggily
"There was a car crash, but your going to be okay, don't worry."
She reached out and grabbed my hand, squeezing it tightly.
"Stay with me" she demanded.
"Always."

Authors note: sorry this is so short, there will be 2, or possibly 3 chapters left of this book, I'll be doing a sequel book though.