Chapter 26

Katniss left the house early, she didn't tell me where she was going, she just said it was a surprise, I got a bit bored, so I decided to go down to the bakery leaving down a note for Katniss.

'If you see this note it means I'm at the bakery and I'm not back yet, if you need me that's where I'll be. I love you.'

I headed out of our home in Victors Village, down to the town square and into the bakery, Charlie looked up as I walked in.

"Many costumers?" I asked

"Yeah, we've been really busy" he replied

I went in and sorted out the wages for Mollie and Charlie.

I then proceeded to start decorating cakes, which was probably my favourite part of baking. I'd been at it for half an hour when I decided I'd go help Mollie and Charlie at the till as they were quite busy. There were still quite a few customers, but there were less than there was 10 minutes ago. About 20 minutes later Katniss came in.

"Hey" I said, leaning over the counter and kissing her.

"Hi"

I opened the counter letting her through. She wrapped her arms around me.

"Peeta, I have something to tell you" she whispered in my ear

"Okay" I said leading her into the offices for some privacy.

She sat down into one of the chairs and I sat down on the arm of it, she looked up at me.

"So what do you have to tell me?" I asked

"Well um. . . I'm kinda um" she broke her gaze with me

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to" I told her, wrapping my arms around her shoulders.

"I want to, I just don't know how"

"You can tell me when you're ready, you don't have to tell me now"

She made eye contact with me, "Peeta, I'm. . . "

She took a deep breath and tried again "You see the thin-"

I rubbed her shoulders

"If it's that hard to tell me then maybe you shouldn't" I whispered.

It didn't matter what it was, but she obviously was scared to tell me.

She buried her face into my shirt, I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"Peeta, will you be angry at me?" She asked

"Of course I won't!" I told her "I love you, remember that"

She took a deep breath. "Peeta, I'm. . . I'm pregnant."

My mouth dropped open, oh my god. "We're having a baby" she whispered.

I was speechless, Katniss looked up at me worried, my mouth still hanging open with the shock.

Katniss looked disappointed, "you don't want this, do you?"

"Of course I do! We're having a baby!" I said picking her up and twirling her round. "We're having a baby" I repeated.

Oh my god.

Younger 15 year old me was screaming inside my head. "Oh my god" I whispered.

I can't believe it

Katniss and I are having a baby, she's pregnant. Oh my god.

I never thought she'd ever notice me, let alone start dating me, marry me, and now she was pregnant. Oh my god!