Chapter 31

When we went to bed I pretended to sleep, but in reality I was waiting to see if could sleep first. She did fall asleep, after 30 minutes of twisting and turning she started to fall asleep, I wrapped my arm around her and she snuggled up close to me. I slowly fell asleep.

*
Katniss and I were silently munching through breakfast when the door knocked. It was Annie and Finnick Jr. along with their new dog. I told them I'd clear away the dishes. Annie went into the living room to talk to Katniss, but quickly excused herself and walked into the kitchen.
"What's wrong with Katniss?" She asked
"Nothing" I replied "why?"
"She doesn't seem herself" Annie answered
"I don't know what you're talking about"
"Look, we got a dog, dogs sense things. Things that humans can't. They can sense almost anything. Now tell me what's up, and if you say nothing I know you're lying" she said
"It's not my place to tell you" I replied, if Katniss wants Annie to know she'll tell her
"Then I'll go ask her"
"No, Annie don't, please."
"Is it bad?" she asked
"Yeah it is, just well, I don't know be. . . Subtle" I answered
"Okay" she whispered, walking into the other room

What have I done. Katniss won't want to talk to anyone about it.

"We're going out to the woods, look after Finnick and Scruffy." Annie yelled before I heard the door slam.
Great, I'm in charge, while she pesters Katniss.
I switched the TV on.
And then I waited.
And waited.
And waited.

They finally came home.
I searched Katniss' eyes to see if she was hurt, surprisingly she seemed, well not better, but slightly more mended. I wrapped my arm around Katniss, who rested her head on my shoulder.
"Are you okay?" I whispered, only loud enough for Katniss to hear it.
"Yeah" she answered "are you?"
"I'm fine"

We sat down on the couch, opposite the arm chair that Annie sat on
Finnick on her knee.
We talked for another few hours, but luckily she left afterwards.
"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked her
"Yeah"
"What did Annie say to you" I asked
"Just stuff"
"Did you tell her?"
"Yeah"
"Oh" I wrapped my arms around her "we could try again, whenever you're ready"
"Maybe we should just go about our normal lives, and if, if I get pregnant then, well maybe its a sign, maybe next time things will work out" she answered

I looked at her "you are aware you could get pregnant at anytime, right?"
"Well yeah, but maybe we should let it happen, if it happens" she replied.
"Okay" I said kissing her, "I'll make dinner"
"I'll help" she replies getting of the couch

We make the dinner, then sit down to eat it.
"Did you hear about the new law?" I asked
"No, what new law?"
"It's law now that if you help someone prepare dinner, you have to kiss them" I said winking.
"And would you have made this law up 30 seconds ago?" She asked
"I don't make the rules, I'm just a law abiding citizen" I replied
"Well, since it's law..." She said seductively, she got off her seat, sat on my knee and pressed her lips to mine, I grabbed her at the base of her back, pulling her closer. She pulled away after a minute. "I'll have to think of some laws myself" she said.
"Well I'm not going to disagree" I told her
She threw her arms around my shoulders, squeezing me tightly "I love you" she whispers. "I love you too" I finished "forever and always"

*
We were just getting changed for bed when Katniss spoke up. "I've thought of a new law" she stated
"And what is the law?" I asked
"Well" she said, putting her hand on my bare chest "it might have something to do with me, you and that lovely bed over there" she said winking.
I crushed my lips to hers, exploring her mouth. She moaned while helping me out of the rest on my clothes as I fumbled to undo her bra strap. I picked her up, gently placing her on the bed, getting on top of her. She wrapped her legs around me, pulling me closer.
"Oh Katniss "I groaned. Slipping myself inside her. She let's out a small moan before bringing her lips to mine.
*
"Oh Peeta!" She yelled, reaching her climax at the exact same time as me
She lay with her head on my chest. I stroked her hair, watching her chest rise and fall, perfectly in sync with her breathing.
"I love you" I mumbled, pressing my lips to her neck.
"I love you too, forever and always"

Authors note: I didn't make it sad this time!